I am so glad my girl friend of over 30 years asked it I wanted to join her on a girls trip and stay at the Modern Honolulu, for my first trip to Oahu. We stayed here for 4 nights in a corner one bedroom suite with a fabulous oceanview from the 15th floor, and was really impressed with everything from the moment we arrived to the moment we sadly had to go home.The hotel was amazing! It's about a 20 minute walk to "downtown" Waikiki shopping area, or 10 miniute walk to the Ala Moana Shopping Mecca mall. The hotel has 2 pools, one of which is for adults only and about ankle deep... surrounded by sand (beach feel) The pool on the 1st level is salt water and is fabulous. The pool service was amazing & they offer you complimentary iced water with lemon wedges, as well as sorbets and frozen grapes to keep you cool as the temps rise!! It's only a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach around the front of the Hilton Village who have free fireworks on Tuesday nights (and Friday at 8pm). The lagoon is a great place to try paddle boarding (loved it). Every staff person we encountered from the concierge to the valets were soooo friendly and helpful and totally went out their way to make us feel welcome and chat with us, gave us suggestions of things to do, assisted us with a rental car through Enterprise (for our day trip to the North Shore) which we HIGHLY recommend!! and continued to give great service even after we checked out and we were hanging out killing time by the pool before our late flight home. It's refreshing that the management and staff of The Modern makes service and exceptional guest experience their priority, and it's really because of this that we felt so pampered and loved our stay there so much. Seriously looking at coming back in January 2014 with hubby and daughter... I know they would LOVE it! Aloha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii