Except with a hotel. And just everything about Hawaii.
Maybe it was because it was my first time in Hawaii so I was a bit starry eyed with everything, but being the complete travel enthusiast I am and my countless experiences with many different hotel/resorts, The Modern Honoluly EASILY makes my top 3.
When we first arrived, we were greeted with the very helpful staff who were offered to help us with our bags. The check in process was very smooth. Prior to the trip, after we made our reservations, they send you a follow up email asking you what they could do to make your trip to Hawaii more enjoyable offering services such as a shuttle from the airport, from flowers in the room upon arrival, and much more. We reserved the partial ocean view suite and requested a room on a higher floor. When we arrived they ended up accommodating us on the very top floor (the 17th floor) which was AWESOME. Thank you guys so much for that by the way if your staff is reading this. We loved the views from the top floor.
My boyfriend and I traveled to Hawaii for my birthday and when we arrived in our room, they left us THEE most delicious decadent chocolate cupcake and a welcoming card that said happy birthday. So thoughtful! The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very "modern" hence the name. The bathroom however isn't super sound proof because it is a sliding door and the wooden windows could open but it wasn't too much of an issue.
Grabbed breakfast at the Sunrise pool area bright and early at 7am and the food was great as well. Staff again was super nice. The whole feel of the hotel makes you feel like you're in a mix between Hawaii and a luxury Palm Springs resort. Out of all the hotels/resorts in Hawaii, the modern is definitely one of kind for their spectacular pool areas; cabanas, couches, comfortable tanning chairs and dining areas. There are two pools, the "sunrise" and "sunset". The sunset pool is the one that is 21+ I believe and both are great. This hotel in my opinion is catered more towards honeymooners, newly weds, young adults, and friends on vacation. Families of course are welcome to this hotel as well, but don't expect to see a lot of children at this place.
The hotel is situated along Waikiki, right beside Ilikai hotel along Ala Moana. It's a simple 5 minute walk to Waikiki Beach so it's very convenient. There's an ABC store seconds away and a McDonalds if you're feeling for some fast food.
One thing I really liked about this hotel was that they have concierges in "The Study" which you could talk to, and they help you plan your Hawaii trip by making reservations for you at various places to go (for example) snorkeling or make dinner reservations somewhere, or advice of where to find a rental car, they all do it for you. I found that to be really helpful.
I find this to be getting quite a bit long but all in all I highly recommend this hotel, 5/5 stars! It is a bit expensive but you get bang for your buck. My boyfriend and I LOVED our stay here and next time we're in Honolulu we will definitely be back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Amex, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii