I was helped with an early check in by perhaps the nicest front desk person in the world. But there were loud labor protests at the front of the Hotel and by the pool, with loudspeakers - loud in the room, for a long time. Seemed like good, but mad people. Kids and families out there protesting the owner's alleged refusal to give them an employment contract - but making them work "at will" instead. It was really passionate, and it made me uncomfortable as a paying guest. I felt bad for these people. I felt guilty. I sincerely hope that management can work together with labor. In every other respect, I give this hotel an A+, but what I saw made me give it a C-.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii