We stayed at the Modern for 4 nights on our way through to Maui, then for 1 night before flying home. Everyone who worked there were friendly and helpful, and made lots of accommodations for our 9 month old daughter. Suki was especially fantastic, but we couldn't fault anybody.
The location was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Honolulu, but close enough to walk there. The pool area was lovely, and very relaxing. The amenities were modern, clean and stylish. It was a very "cool" hotel, that wasn't even trying. We loved it, and will stay there again.
Our only issue was the noise. On our initial stay, we were near some kind of service corridor, with the customary bumps and bangs that go with it. On our 2nd stay, we could hear/feel the vibration/noise of what I assume was the night club "addiction", but it might have been from across the road or something. A bit of an issue with a 9 month old, but if you're without kids, who cares, right?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii