I've stayed at The Modern two times for business and while I love the hotel, actually prefer staying at their adjoining sister hotel The Ilikai simply because it is the quieter of the two properties. While The Modern is chic and beautifully designed, I had to switch rooms two times because of the unbearable noise from traffic and even then, was not happy with the noise level. It was challenging trying to fall asleep (even though the bed and pillows were fabulous - see below). The location of the hotel is perfect. Centrally located and in the beginning of Waikiki, it's a good "launching pad." There are wonderful beaches a five minute walk from the property, great shopping (Ala Moana Shopping Center) and eating establishments minutes away by foot or car, as well as great nightlife. The rooms are moderate in size and come with a mini fridge. The desk is very large with comfortable seating - perfect for the serious business person. The bed is very comfy with high thread count sheets, but beware of getting injured from the sharp corners of the frames. Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant (Morimotos) is one of the highlights on the property and I've enjoyed delicious/reasonably priced leisurely breakfast, lunches and dinner there enjoying the view of the harbor. The "lounge" poolside is a wonderful place to enjoy outdoor meetings as it is covered and has comfortable seating. The hotel's ambience may appeal more to singles or couples rather than families. If you are looking for a place to host a small conference, The Modern has wonderful facilities including intimate seminar rooms, "ballrooms" that have moving doors and my favorite - a rooftop lanai perfect for yoga. As a conference organizer, I found the staff to be very professional and highly accommodating. The hotel is ultra chic and you can be assured the staff is warm and hospitable.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Amex, Tablet Hotels, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.