We stayed at the Modern while my husband was in Honolulu on business. It was a gorgeous property - meticulously kept - and the rooms were a great size and very comfortable. The staff goes completely above and beyond to ensure you have a great stay. The hotel food, while very pricey, was amazing - everything we tried from breakfast to snacks to drinks to lunch/dinner was fabulous.
The only drawback is it is in a bit of a strange spot in Honolulu - not quite close enough to the true Waikiki area and there aren't a whole lot of nightlife/good restaurants around the hotel.
We did not try the nightclub at the hotel, but it's supposed to be one of the best on the island. We would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where innovative design meets barefoot luxury, The Modern Honolulu promises a refreshingly new Hawaii experience. Home to Iron Chef Morimoto’s celebrated new restaurant, Morimoto Waikiki, the hotel’s understated elegance has earned acclaim for exceptional service and high design during its opening year. It’s posh without being pretentious, chic without being overdone, luxurious, yet brilliantly laid back. At The Modern Honolulu, stilettos are welcome…and so are flip-flops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Olotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Otel, EasyToBook, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.