My husband and me chose this hotel to stay at because of its nice pictures but we did not read concerning reviews which was a mistake. From the very beginning I did not like the place, because the lobby is too cold and dark to feel comfortable. Room was not available but to be honest we did not care about this that much because we were gonna take a historical trip to the Pearl Harbor Memorial. Anyway we had been waiting about 15 minutes for the second concierge coming and helping us to plan our trip while the first one was busy with another guests. We got a partial ocean view room as we booked but the room does not look that clean and new as it was at the pictures. There was a big oily stain on the carpet. One more surprising thing was soundproof between room and bathroom which is none! Bed sheets are changed once in a two days which is very questionable for the 5 stars hotel. Moreover, during the four days of our stay room cleaning stuff did not put any cotton pads and buds for us. The hotel stuff we communicated with were not rude but indifferent and definitely not friendly. Only one female person working at the pool area was polite and nice that level as it must be. Frankly, I cannot understand why the guest have to pay extras for the parking or room service at the hotel they stay at but I am not familiar to the American service, maybe, it is the same all around the US. Unfortunately the most disappointing thing about this place we realized coming back home. The hotel has charged us for three overnight parkings while we did parking only once. We did not checked our bill attentively at the time of check out because we have never experienced anything like that. After leaving a negative review the hotel's manager has contacted me and offered to solve the problem and refund all three night parking fees included that one we actually did plus some extra. It was a nice gesture and I would like to express my thanks personally to Mr. Barger who helped in this case. I cannot say I have totally changed my mind about the Modern but fortunately the manager's great job could improve my whole impression about the hotel from terrible to average. I wish I could give an excellent rate to this hotel some day.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, JackRabbit Systems, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, Tablet Hotels, Amex, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.