I stayed here in October for 4 nights for a wedding that was in Waikiki. Based on the reviews here, I requested a higher floor room to avoid some of the nightclub noise. So, they were able to give me a room on the 14th floor with a partial ocean view and I had no issues with noise. The room was great. Spacious, comfortable bed, clean, bright and a nice view.
The hotel has a great modern decor that's done right. I've been to some modern/hip places that have touches and finishes that just aren't practical or warm. But the place looked great. Staff were friendly and helpful. You can request a coffee maker for your room, which I recommend since while they serve coffee in the lobby, they are very prompt about closing it up. So if you're not a morning person and not prompt, save yourself the trip downstairs and have them bring you a machine. There are 2 pools...an adult pool which is more of a wading pool and main pool, both are gorgeous. Because I wanted to swim, I spent most of my time at the main pool. I highly recommend the coconut mojito...they're fabulous! Unfortunately, service at the pool is lacking and I found myself going to the bar to grab cocktails because I was tired of waiting.
Location is great. Ala Moana shopping is about 15 min walk one direction and the main area of Waikiki is about 15 min the other way. And an ABC store is across the street. So while you're not in the middle of the main shopping everything is close enough.
While I was there, we didn't visit the club, but did hit the lobby bar on Saturday and Sunday night. Good crowd, seemed more interesting than a tourist hotel bar.
Also we were lucky enough to have lunch at Morimoto's. Amazing! It's definitely worth the splurge. And if you only have one meal to splurge on, go to Morimoto's over Alan Wong.
So the Modern is a definite find and I would highly recommend it to anyone coming to Waikiki.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Venere, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.