Nice hotel just to the west of Waikiki. Although not beachfront (faces yacht harbor), they do have a bit of sand at one of the pools. Easy to get to without getting into Waikiki traffic. Valet parking allows for in/out priviledges. Staff friendly. Room spacious. Nice bar and pool area, not the lava rock stuff. Crisp, clean but not stark. Good restaurant, Morimoto. If you want a nice place near Waikiki but do not want the chaos of a Hilton Hawaiian Village nor the $$$ of Royal or Haleaklanai, this is a good choice. Just wish bathroom had more privacy from bedroom, seems to be trend at boutique hotels to have connection between the two. Massage at spa was average, facilities good. Exercise room looks out onto upper level pool/sand. Very white, nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, JackRabbit Systems, BookIt.com, Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii