Our 6-night stay 14-21 Apr:
I'll start with the fact that I've been to Honolulu, as well greater Oahu and all of the outer islands, many times. Having stayed in and seen many kinds of hotels and accommodations, including both of the venerable old Waikiki classics, I have to say The Modern Honolulu is my favorite. I acknowledge that, while it is not located on the central beach or in the middle of the Waikiki action--it's on the Ala Wai yacht harbor--it is close enough to walk to everything, including Ala Moana Beach Park & Magic Island, the Ala Moana Shopping Center, and central Waikiki. The hotel's location is a plus for me; it is quieter and easier to navigate by car than its counterparts in the middle of Waikiki.
The hotel itself: beautifully and whimsically modern. The room is generously sized, with a king bed and a day bed and plenty of room to walk around and to stow belongings. The bed, linens, and towels are plush and comfortable. The bathroom is sleek and modern with an outstanding glass-and-tile shower. Additionally, toiletries & amenities are plentiful and high quality. The balcony is large and bowed, affording views in multiple directions--and, no, I did not have a full ocean or harbor view. Nonetheless, it was a sensational view and a great place to linger for a few moments when I wasn't busy doing all of the other fun things that Oahu offers.
The room was exceptionally clean and included all the essentials--a fridge, which can be stocked as a mini-bar if desired, a safe, an iron & board, free Wi-Fi, and plenty of outlets for plugging in and recharging electronic gadgets.
The pools are elegant and visually stunning and great places to relax and just hang out. The poolside attendants are just that: attentive. I felt pampered in the little bits of time I spent there.
The staff, from the front desk staff, to the attendant who brought ice to the room upon request, to the housekeeping staff could not have been more pleasant or more attuned to fine and unobtrusive service!
My stay and experience at The Modern, from service to accommodations, was very similar to a higher-end cruise I recently took. I was very positively impressed. I would definitely stay at The Modern again!
By the way, I shop carefully for good deals when I travel, and I got a good deal here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii