“Great diving and a great staff. They own the boat and it shows.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Scuba Company

Honolulu Scuba Company
670 Auahi St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96813 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808-220-0577
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 281 activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We invite you to join us for some of the best scuba diving the hawaiian islands has to offer.We specialize in small,personalized tours for first divers,certified divers and advanced divers. P.A.D.I. Dive Center offering all dive classes
Lacey WA
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving and a great staff. They own the boat and it shows.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a full service dive shop with it's own boat! The diving is as good as it gets from a boat in Honolulu/Waikiki. The boat captains are very good and drop you on the wrecks and reefs where the diving staff makes it particularly good. The diving staff is made up of mostly instructors so the knowledge level is exceptional. Wreck dives are limited only by your own computer and No deco time. I had the pleasure of diving extensively with them this summer. I became a better diver through the free advice of the instructors. They do it safe and fun. I watched them take off fins and Bcd's for those who needed a little help getting in and out of the water. First class service. This is the best owner operated dive boat in Honolulu. Book directly for multiple days to enhance your vacation. They can get you certified to in short order too if you do the book work online before arriving. Dive in the mornings and sightsee in the afternoons. Hat is off to instructor Dan, the most patient of instructors I have ever met. This shop has a instructor qualified to teach disabled people and those who need a little extra. They go the extra mile. Have fun with them and be safe.

Visited October 2013

Selkirk, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Thanks to the Staff at Honolulu Scuba Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Diving with the Honolulu Scuba Company was one of the highlights of my holiday – it was so good that I booked dives on 3 separate days with them. The staff (Vic, Blair, Nate and Teddy) were superb. They were friendly, professional and enthusiastic about their jobs. Each day’s diving consisted of one deep wreck dive and one shallow reef dive. During the various dives I saw a huge range of marine life including loads of sea turtles, various species of eel, an octopus and 4 white tip sharks. I will definitely dive with the Honolulu Scuba Company next time I visit Hawaii.

Visited July 2013
Napa, California
“Nice people, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went diving with Honolulu Scuba Company in August 2013. Everyone we encountered was pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013
“Great Dive Company in Honolulu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I Dove two days with Honolulu Scuba Company in early August and was very happy with them. I chose Honolulu Scuba Company due to their quick responses to my emails, the size of their ship and previous reviews on Trip Advisor and was very glad that I did.

Firstly the ship, Moe Mac is an excellent dive vessel which easily accommodated approximately 15 divers with plenty of room to move and gear up. The platform on the back allowed for the easy entry of two divers at a time and also had a fresh water shower. There was also crackers and cold water provided on board. The diving equipment wasn't the latest but was all serviceable. The BCDs were weight integrated and they supplied open heel fins with boots and 3mm full length wetsuits which were ideal for the conditions. I used my own dive computer.

Big thanks to Capt'n Mac for his fast responses to my questions and getting me booked in. He even arranged to get me picked up from my hotel when I decided to go diving at the last minute. Hotel pick up was on time and the staff were very friendly and professional. Capt'n Vic and Kate were a lot of fun to be around and took really good care of the customers. The service was exceptional with Kate, Francis and Capt'n Vic helping everybody gear up and making sure everybody was comfortable. They even insisted on swapping the tanks in between dives allowing us to sit back and relax. We were never rushed which made the whole trip very enjoyable. Kate made an excellent dive guide and took the time to stop and point out things and was happy to stay in the water until our bottom time run out or we had decided we had seen enough.

Off loading was also quickly done and after a quick stop at the shop we were run back to our hotels. I highly recommend these guys if you are planning to do some diving in Honolulu and will definitely go back next time I am in Oahu.

Hawaii Kai, Hawaii, United States
3 attraction reviews
“If you're local or visiting, these guys are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've lived here 6 years, certified diver for about 20. I've tried most dive shops on the island. These guys cater to all levels of diver. They take you to the best spots around Kewalo Basin, Waikiki, other sites on the south side. Really nice, spacious boat and pretty stable when the seas are up, which isn't often on this part of the island. The crew is a lot of fun and gets to know everyone on the boat. Zero attitude with these guys. Instructor or first-timer, they treat everyone the same. Their main focus is safety and making sure everyone is cool. If someone is on their first dive or unsure about the dive site, procedures, etc, they'll take special care to make sure you're comfortable. If you're diving Nitrox, they'll show you how to use their analyzer in the shop and then make sure you get in the water first to have a bit more bottom time. I'm planning my next dive with them soon.