“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
WA
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Good - Great food. We ordered Basil chicken and Tom Yum soup.
Plenty of parking.

Bad - Little far from Waikiki unless you have your transport
Extra charge for rice
Dont accept reservations

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aiea, Hawaii
“Very tastey Thai, reasonably priced in a nice cozy atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This restaurant is a smallish place in a strip mall on Nimitz Highway. Parking is limited in front but there's more in the garage. Siam Garden is decorated nicely and is a cozy place to dine. The food is excellent. I'm a Penang Curry freak, and theirs is thick and tastey. Can't get enough even though the portions are adequate. I can't speak for the other dishes, but those with me liked all of it. It could be a romantic spot for a date. It's a great place for a group of four. Larger groups are a little more awkward because of the size. If it wasn't so far from my house, I'd eat there once/week. The service is good, not great though. But, the draw is the food and the atmosphere, which is better than any of the five other Thai restaurants I've been to on Oahu.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good restaurant for a simple family dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We dined here on a week night and it was busy as usual but luckily we didn't have to wait. We started with the stuffed chicken wings, spring rolls and fried shrimp rolls. For our entrees we ordered the fish fillet, yellow curry with chicken (mild) , Siam Jungle Curry with pork (medium) and of course sticky rice. I think you need to specify that you want the appetizers before the entrees. I always assume that appetizers arrive first. We got the wings first then the fish, spring rolls, curries with rice and when we were almost done eating the shrimp rolls arrived. I actually thought they forgot about the shrimp. It would have been fine if they did. We enjoyed the Jungle curry a lot more than the yellow curry. I used to enjoy the yellow curry but the potatoes were too undercooked this time. We all agreed to just order the Jungle curry next time, no crunchy potatoes. Overall the food is good and I think the price is reasonable.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, HI
“Best place in Hawaii for authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Siam Garden was recommended by some close friends who spent a lot of time in Thailand in the past few years.
The food is awesome! Authentic Thai food that is well-priced and delicious. We’ve been back almost every other week and everything we’ve tried so far is great. My personal favorites are the spring rolls, green papaya salad and any curry bowl. The portions are such that two people can share a dish. We typically order family style when it’s my husband and I, or with a small group of friends.
The service is above average. The servers are attentive, friendly and very helpful. The kitchen gets their dishes out quickly, even when it is crowded and there is a constant stream of takeout orders.
It is not that large and it has always gotten busy. If there is a line, the wait will be worth it. If you are tight on time, then do take out. Free parking is plentiful with some right outside the entrance.

• Visited September 2011
Mybellyisfull
“Great Thai Food off the beaten path!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

This was a recommendation by a friend. The selection is standard Thai, and the prices are reasonable. Although the Panang curry was more peanutty than I've had at most places - the dish, and all the others we had, was very flavorful and portioned well. The fried calamari appetizer was very fresh and tasty. We had good service, but it felt like the waitresses were a little cold. All in all I liked the place a lot and would definitely go back when in town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere