“Love The Atomosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropics Bar & Grill

Tropics Bar & Grill
2005 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-1917 (Waikiki)
808-949-4231
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Denton, Texas, United States
“Love The Atomosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The atmosphere is great. Sit outside! There is music and entertainment if you are there at the right time. Service was fast and friendly. Of course you are at Waikiki so the food and drinks are pricey. A couple of dishes were excellent but skip the pizza. Portuguese sausage, shrimp, and chicken with vegetables and rice was different but quite good. We actually ate here twice the week we were in Waikiki.

Visited February 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Family friendly with great menu choices and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved the cocktails here and the seared tuna salad was delicious. Very family friendly. Can be a bit of a wait to get a table in busy times but grab a buzzer and enjoy the beach whilst you are waiting.

Visited February 2014
Broadbeach, Australia
“awful food awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just had lunch there today. Had to wait 15 mins to get a table even though the place was half empty. It took 20 mins to get our drinks & 25 mins to place a food order. The waiter was so disinterested it was almost like it was a joke. The food fries looked like they had been cooked twice in really old oil so they were more like potato chips than fries. My wife had the fish & chips, the batter was soggy & full of fat to the point it was inedible. Both our kids wouldn't eat their fries. Don't get me wrong, nice decor, location but it stops there. Do yourself a favour & stay away.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Disgusting!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came to this place to have a dinner. First the host was not really nice but this is not the issue. My boyfriend asked the waiter which stake is better to take if he wants more fat, so he recommend him sirloin stake, he clearly said this stake has more fat. I ordered a stir fry with tofu. After the food came he went to bring knifes and forks. So while the food was on the taxable we we're keep waiting for the knifes and forks. My boyfriend stake was dry, not flavored and didn't have fat at all!!! Nothing!!! After few bites my bf didn't like it,he almost didn't touch the stake. So when the waiter came he didn't ask anything, why he didn't eat or something. He just came to take the money for the bill. So we told him that the stake was not good also without any fat as he said the opposite before. So he took the dishes and when he went to the register he start to tell other workers and the host or manager what happened. They looked at us weird and made faces. Then he came with the bill, after that he saw that my bf almost didn't touch the stake and told us "Ok! We will give you 15% off!" Like they make us a favor. With the attitude also! And he start to argue that he didn't say that this stake has fat. It was ridiculous! The stake was disgusting and it cost $33. Bad service and not good food. If you are looking for a good food that worth the $$$ and amazing professional service then go to the Ocean House at the Outrigger Reef. Just so let you, I've never wrote reviews before but my experience at this restaurant was so bad that it made me do this! Mahalo!

New Jersey
“We went 3 or 4 times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I are pretty picky, but we really enjoyed eating here or just having a drink. The patio tables overlook Waikiki Beach, the sunset, torches are lit at dusk, a fun band playing, and they all add to the great atmosphere. The tropical drinks all seemed really good (Mai Tai, Blue Hawaii) and the coconut lime shrimp is a winner as an appetizer. I tried 3 or 4 different dinners which were all good, especially the Island Portuguese sausage,shrimp, and chicken. You can't get a much better atmosphere then this.

• Visited January 2014