“Great people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
1051 Ala Moana Boulevard, East end of harbor, Slip B1, across from restroom., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808 772-1795
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Dublin, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I contacted the staff a few times before my dives for recommendations and advises for diving before / after running a marathon. Gabe Scotti, I believe is the owner, was very knowledgeable and honest about the potential risks of diving after rigorous excise. He was very nice and accommodate with me changing my dive dates. The dives were great. I wanted to dive the YO-257 and the crew was able to accommodate given a favorable water condition. They also offer very competitive pricing compared to other dive operations. I'd definitely dive with them again.

Orlando, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome people!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just had a dive today with these guys and they totally rocked. I was PADI certified (Open Water and Advanced) about 10 years ago and hadn't dived since. A few weeks ago, I did the NAUI Open Water certification and am still trying to get my... uh... "sea legs"? Not sure what the right term is here.

It's pretty normal when you call a dive shop in Hawaii to leave a message on voicemail. Dave returned my call within a few minutes and we scheduled a 7am two tank dive for today. He was extremely polite and answered all my questions about the dive.

Drew was the divemaster for the dive and he picked me up right on time. I brought all my own equipment (except tanks and weights) and he put them in the truck for me. We headed to the boat where we met the captain and his first mate. I was lucky as this morning there was only one other person diving with us.

Everyone was very polite and explained where we were going, what we could expect. They reviewed hand signals to make sure we were on the same page and then we did our dives.

The first dive was about 100 foot deep ship wreck. I'd purchased a thicker wetsuit immediately before this trip and wasn't quite sure how much more weight to add. Then, to top it off I loaded too much weight in the back and not enough in the front so once I got in the water, I was a few pounds short of what I needed and was flopping around just a bit. There's a lot more current here than in Florida too. Drew was able the situation extremely well. He added some weight to me and helped a bit with my underwater navigation and off we went. It was my first time diving in Hawaii and there was so much more to see here than Florida it was amazing.

After we came up, he helped me adjust the weights properly and gave me a few pointers. The second dive on the coral was a 50 to 60 foot coral dive and was a piece of cake. I'd purchased the new GoPro 3 camera for this trip and he was very good at finding and pointing out interesting things not to miss. He took us to a part of the reef where there were tons of sea turtles sleeping, handing out, swimming around. One of them swam right up to me and tapped me with its fin when it went by. We also heard a lot of whales but weren't able to see any.

When we got back to the marina, the crew loaded our things off the boat and into the truck. Dave (who I'd originally scheduled with) took us back to our hotels. He answered a lot of questions for me about different certifications and gave very objective advice/opinions about various dive topics. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

This company also offers various scuba classes. Since the most important thing about scuba training is a good instructor, I would highly recommend these guys for anyone who's looking for training and certification.

Note: They offer discounts if you're diving for multiple days, etc.

All in all, it was a terrific experience from the first phone call to being dropped off at my hotel. I will absolutely use these guys again on my next trip to Hawaii.

California
4 attraction reviews
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Gabe Scotti runs a top-notch dive operation. No flakiness, great prices, wonderful dives, good gear, uncrowded boat and awesome crew. I work in a dive shop and I know that Gabe and his staff give you 110%. I have seen Gabe go out of his way to make sure the experience is a good one. You will be SO glad you decided to dive with Kaimana.

Colorado
21 attraction reviews
“Best Dive Operation on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

In Novemver I visited Oahu with the family, but wanted to get a quick dive in. There are a lot of dive shops in the area so I didn't know where to start. I called several that were located in the Waikiki area, but most did not reply. When I contacted, Kaimana Divers, Gabe immediately got back to me and we arrange a dive. Any question I had, Gabe was very prompt in the reply.

As for the dive, the water had 80 to 100 foot visibility. We did a wreck dive just off shore Waikiki. The dive was great. We saw lots of turtles, a shark and scorpion fish.

What really was an assest to the dive was the knowledge and professionalism of Drew, the dive master. He portrayed his experiecne and confidence as an insturctor. I've been diving for 30 years and have seen all types. I would honestly have to say he is the best I've seen. When I dive, I always want to have a take away from every dive that will keep my skills sharp. It may be something small or something that could save your life, and it's the experiece and alertness of the dive master to ensure this.

If you are visiting Oahu and plan to dive, I would highly recommend Kaimana Divers. I'll be back next year and look forward to diving with them again.

Thanks Gabe!
Thanks Dive Master Drew!

Visited November 2012
Portland, OR
“A fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was on Oahu for a few days in November and decided to try out scuba diving. I had never done scuba diving before so I was a bit nervous, but it seemed like a fun thing to try. I'm so glad I did!

After a quick video I was off on the boat with 2 other beginner divers, as well as instructor Drew. Everything went really well, and Drew made it easy to be comfortable and relaxed during the whole experience. We did two seperate dives that were roughly 40 minutes apiece. On the dives we saw numerous fish, as well as a few LARGE turtles.

I would highly recommend this activity to anybody who is comfortable in the water and wants something more than snorkeling provides. What a fantastic experience!

Visited November 2012