“Best dive crew on the island!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
1051 Ala Moana Boulevard, East end of harbor, Slip B1, across from restroom., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808 772-1795
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Ashburn, Virginia
“Best dive crew on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I visited Oahu for our anniversary in May. We were recently certified for open water diving in a quarry and wanted our first true open water dive to be in Hawaii. When researching diving businesses prior to our trip, we narrowed our selection down to 2-3 providers based on trip advisor and other reviews, so we reached out to each them. Of the responses we received, Gabe's was the most sincere and personal. It reflected how much he cares about his business and his clients. This guy LOVES diving and loves to share that with people. This turned out to be a deciding factor for us and we chose to dive with Kaimana. SO glad we did! The personal touch carried through our entire experience. They picked us up at the hotel, drove us to the marina and got us onto the boat. With the understanding that my wife and I were new divers, we were paired up with Christine for our dives. She is fantastic! Patient, understanding, knowlegeable and thourough. She answered all of our newbie questions and shared some of her vast knowlege with us. My wife and I felt completely safe with her. We toured a couple of different reefs, saw tons of different fish and several turtles. We had only planned on taking in one day of diving during our trip but had enjoyed it so much that we had to go out with them again! I can honestly say that this was one of the coolest experiences of our lives and Kaimana Divers played a very large role in it. Mahalo to the entire Kaimana Divers crew!

Visited May 2012

Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Amazing Dive Group!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Id have to say Kaimana Divers is pretty amazing! I did a 3 day Open Water Scuba Diving Certificate course with them and my schedule was pretty busy during the week so I could only do it on the weekend, and they really worked with my schedule I did pool session 1 on a saturday, then dives 1&2 on a sunday then the last dives 3&4 on the following sunday. I had sent emails back and forth to Gabe and he really responded quickly to them! I also had emailed other dive companies but they took about 2-3 days to get back with me and in the email was only call this number so I can answer your question…Our dive master was Kirsten and she was AMAZING!! She really went over everything very well and clear for us.. If we didn't understand she would explain it in a different way until we understood it. I had a buddy come get certified with me and she had some trouble with some of the different skills we had to do, and Kirsten talked to her calmly helping her understand and get the skills down pact. Kirsten told us not to worry about anything, and to keep calm.. She really was a great dive master to work with! Also worked on the pool session with Denise (she is in training to be a dive master!) and she helped me out and gave me a few tips that I am now using! I am sooo thankful to have gone to Kaimana Divers to get certified!! I loveee being under the water and seeing everything down there!! I defiantly will be doing more dives with them!!

Visited October 2012
Bremerton, Washington
“The most fun we have ever had on Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Kaimana Divers is a close-knit community of down to earth, fun people in a relaxed setting. They make you feel comfortable and excite you all at the same time! What I enjoyed most was that it's not a huge over-marketed company so it was a more personable one-on-one experience. USE THIS COMAPNY!!!

Chicago, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
“Mahalo, Kaimana Divers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am new to the diving game... and the whole reason I got OW certified was so I could SCUBA dive in Hawaii. Upon completion of my OW cert, I booked a trip to Oahu, and decided I would get my AOW cert. while enjoying the views in the deeper, clearer waters. Kaimana Divers made this a wonderful learning experience. I got to go on 6 dives over three days with Kirsten, Gabe, and Liv. All three were great instructors and made sure everyone was comfortable and safe. Since this was my first dive in the ocean I was a little nervous at first, but before I knew it I was diving to 90', without issue!

I chose Kaimana because they make sure it's not a cattle call and that everyone is safe, comfortable, and has a good time. Gabe was also very helpful on the phone in advance of my trip and even allowed me to get the book at my local dive shop so I could work on my chapters before touching down! I will undoubtedly be back to dive again with KD! :D

Visited October 2012
Milford NJ
“Kaimana Divers are the best!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First off every one that works at Kaimana is awesome!!! Gabe did an unbelievable job setting everything up for me and he is just the man! Drew is awesome and a phenomenal diver. Christine and Liv are the coolest people ever and once again great divers and guides. They were there to answer every question I had and believe me I had a lot of them. They pointed out everything from huge turtles to well hidden octopus and pin sized nudibranchs. They were awesome and treated me like I lived on the island and dove with them all the time! Blade and Anna were awesome as well. I did 21 dives with Gabe and his crew while I was out there and they catered to whatever I needed. They even gave me the options of picking sites on a few occasions. They dark side black water night dive is a must! Its a once in a lifetime experience. Gabe and his crew put safety first. All dives are well briefed and they do a good job of not only monitoring your air but if you do multiple dives with them they start to be able to know what you'll be at. They don't run your "typical" dive shop in that they don't sell retail and aren't always open which means they are entirely focused on the diving which was right up my alley! They put safety and fun first and always give detailed briefs on what we will be seeing and doing. I will be diving with them for sure the next trip I make there and if I have the opportunity I hope I get to do my divemaster with them. Top notch operation and people!!!! Highly Recommended!!!!!!

Visited September 2012