“Wonderfully surprising!” 5 of 5 stars

Port Lavaca, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderfully surprising!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We were unable to do all the excursions that we had originally planned due to the government shutdown. So we booked a last minute tour around the island. I was VERY reluctant to do this as I'm not a real enthusiastic flyer- especially on a Helicopter! Yikes! But, I knew my husband would enjoy it, so I agreed. It was wonderful! Our pilot Maggie, was awesome! The tour was beautiful. Maggie was very informative about the island. We were in very capable hands. I felt totally safe. Loved every minute of it. Thanks Makani Kai! And thanks do much Maggie for making my helicopter debut fantastic

Allyn, Washington
“My Wedding Gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Rene and I were married on the beach...on our shared birthday (5 yrs apart LOL) and spent an unforgetful vacation in Hawaii !!!!..... Flying with Brodie was the best Gift my girl could give me !! I'll never forget it !! This tour was supposed to be 30 min....Was at least 50... Brodie is an awesome Pilot and "now" a Friend ! Turns out the three of us went to the same High School in Bremerton, WA !!! Small world huh??....LOL I would recommend Makani Kai tours to everyone !! Great Time !! ALOHA !!!

Brisbane, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“A "Must do" on Ohau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Helecopter rides are not cheap, as we all know. However, maybe you should forgo something in order to take this one! We were collected at our Hotel and returned afterwards. Maggie, our pilot, was great! She provided commentary and made sure that everyone got a view of things she was showing us. We elected to pay for the Executive Package which guaranteed us a front seat with unobstructed views. The 45 min. flight took us on a circuit of half the island of Ohau. Having been to Ohau several times, we knew where we were and to see it from the air was terrific. For those who have never flown before - you are probably in less danger in a helicopter than you are when crossing the road. Don't miss the opportunity! Makani Kai are used in the Hawaii Five O series.

Bayonne, France
“Just amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed one month at Oahu and flew twice with Makani Kai.
My first time was the The Ali'i Sacred falls tour a one hour fllight over the island is just amazing a beautiful view and great pilot.
I decided to fly the second time the off door tour and that was WOW breath taking loved every minute!! An incredible ride and the view with no doors is beautiful. Again a great pilot made my ride on the off door helicopter something I will never forget just loved it!! Thank you.

Visited September 2013
Pakuranga, null, New Zealand
“Open door is the only way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

What a awesome experience , even for somebody who has a fear of heights.
Amazing commentary, I only wish I had taken the flight before hiring the car.

Visited September 2013