“Friendly staff, normal Japanese menu.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kaiwa

Kaiwa
2F 226 Lewers St, Waikiki Beach Walk, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
+1 808-924-1555
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Friendly staff, normal Japanese menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Would go again.
Sushi rolls tasted fresh but not wow. Ordered sashimi trio. First order was warm but second was more fresh.

Good for a fast bite & good view on hula dance show by 6pm

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Centreville, Virginia
“Very good but $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Unique dishes and has outdoor seating but be prepared to pay. Service was good and the fish was fresh

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, West Virginia
“Food was good, service, not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I were staying at the Embassy Suites and the evening of our first day, my teenage sons and I decided to get something to eat before calling it a day. We wandered around the streets around our hotel and decided on Kaiwa. We walked up to the front to be seated and were behind another family who were seated immediately. We then were ignored by the hostess for 5-10 minutes, and I was about to take my kids and leave, when the hostess finally made the mistake of looking up and couldn't pretend that she hadn't made eye contact, and I waved her over and asked to be seated. We then chose an outside table and sat down. When the drink waiter came to the table and asked for our order, my sons both asked for water, and I asked for an iced tea. The waiter then proceeded to tell me that iced tea was not free and that I would have to pay for it, which seemed odd. I told him that was fine and that I thought I could afford it. Finally, the waiter that came to take our food order came and he was the only one of the bunch that appeared to not be snobbish. We wound up spending close to $250 on average to good sushi that was ridiculously overpriced and an abalone dish that was OUTSTANDING and not badly priced. I would not go back to this restaurant again in the future, except maybe for the abalone dish, due to horribly high pricing and rude service overall.

Visited July 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Good but expensive!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We came here because we couldn't get a table at another Japanese restaurant nearby. The was no wait which is rare in Waikiki and this can probably be explained but the cost. We looked at the menu before going in so we knew what we were up for but we just wanted to eat and couldn't handle another long wait for a table somewhere else. We had fried rice, a plate of sashimi and one sushi roll along with 1 beer, 1 soft drink and a green tea which came to $80 which considering how little we ate and the comparable prices in the rest of Waikiki we thought it was overpriced. The food itself was nice and we could tell it was fresh but it was nothing exceptional. The service again was fine without being great. I would try a few of the other Japanese places in the area and there are a lot to choose from before going back to Kaiwa.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
HK
“Nice sushi in Waikiki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We ate here a few times due to the freshness of the sushi. We mainly went for the local fish which were cheaper and also fresher.
Service was decent and even though we didn't have a booking, they went out of their way to find a table for us.

• Visited July 2013