“Just The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers max plus crew - for a more personalized less crowded dive experience. We have a 100% safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Aqualung and Apeks.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Roseburg, Oregon
“Just The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I got to learn to dive from Sean and let me tell you it was absolutely fantastic. He took me from my Open Water cert through Divemaster and on every dive he was extremely knowledgeable and made the experience great. If you have a choice between Reef Pirates and another company I highly recommend you dive with the Pirates! I had a blast and I know that you will too.

--Justin Walker

citrus heights
“The Best In dive oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Just got back from 6 days in oahu. I hooked up with sean at reef pirates.com. we did 2 north shore dives at sharks cove. It was awesome! lots and lots of caves and tubes to swim through.also 3 turtles very clear visibility and a great calm place to dive. we also did a 2 tank boat dive out of waikiki.also great. Sean is a great dive master. He is very friendly and profesional. and very knoledgable of hawaii diving. I have been diving for 24 years and I had the best time with sean. I highly recomend Reef Pirates if you want a no hassle, personal touch to your dive when in hawaii. I cant wait to get back to islands. Dalton Wyatt sacramento ca

stafford va
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I have to say. Anyone looking for a great instructor to dive with, will surely not be disappointed by reef pirates. An extremely professional organization, with a very friendly staff, who are there to ensure you are safe and that you have a great time. They also have a wealth of knowledge about the sea creatures in their area. If you are hesitant to book with them, don't be. I assure you, that you will be well please diving with reef pirates.

NJ
“Paid for the diving, got a local tour guide for free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I went on vacation to Oahu, in July 2009, using a travel agent. My agent recommended Reef Pirates Diving and booked 3 days with them for my Advanced Open Water certification. The AOW certification course cost about $350, spread out over three days. They pick you up at the hotel, and they only dive with small groups, with no more than 6 people. This allowed us to go to dives sites that larger companies didn't. My first day it was just me and my instructor, Sean Deming. The second and third day had Sean, me, and one other diver. My first day, we did a boat dive, but I ended up getting seasick. After we completed our 2 dives for the day, Sean recommended going to the North Shore for my 2 remaining days of training. Diving at the North Shore was a lot better than the dives we did off of Waikiki. After the diving, Sean drove me and another student around the North Shore to show us the sites, and to get lunch. Once we got our certifications Sean took us out to a bar for drinks.

Good: Great price, personalized service, small groups, all equipment provided
Bad: Nothing really. However if you're a really big environmentalist, you may not like this company. When I went diving in Maui, they had a strict no touching the animals policy. With Reef Pirates Diving, Sean would take some animals and place them in our hands.

Alaska
“Our guide, Seth, rocked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had Seth on all 6 of our dives (we did a 3 day dive). He was incredibly friendly, funny and very knowledgeable of the sea life. We had researched pretty hardcore about who we wanted to take us diving, and Reef Pirates had the best reviews. I can see why now....it was a great experience, we saw lots of amazing sea life, and we laughed a lot. If we were to go back to Oahu, we would definately call up Reef Pirates! Thanks guys!