“Great time, recommend them” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers max plus crew - for a more personalized less crowded dive experience. We have a 100% safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Aqualung and Apeks.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
“Great time, recommend them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked a reef dive for my wife, with me as a ride-along, based on the very positive reviews here. We had a great time, just three divers along on the late morning dive. The crew was very knowledgeable and friendly, and pickup from our Waikiki hotel was on time. I would definitely book with Reef Pirates again and would recommend them.

Visited September 2013

Cold Spring, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Great Diving with Reef Pirates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We dove with Reef Pirates in July. We chose Reef Pirates because they had their own boat and limited the number of divers on each trip. We have dove on Oahu before and were put on a boat with several other dive operators and it was very crowded and not a great dive day. However, we were extremely pleased with our diving experience with Reef Pirates. Will was a fantastic "chauffeur" as well as great dive guide. Reef Pirates run a safe operation and we will dive with them again the next time we are on Oahu!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great time diving with Reef Pirates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I took my family to Hawaii for vacation this July. While there, we all wanted to go scuba diving. After looking around at the many, many dive shops, we settled on Reef Pirates. I chose them because they offered a two-trip dive that would work for me (Advanced Open Water), my wife and our sons (one of whom is not certified). I especially liked that they limit the trip to 6 divers.

We met with Will and Kathleen, and got situated on the boat. Both of our dives were geared towards our non-certified son, but Will and Kathleen did everything they could to ensure we all enjoyed the dives. We saw many giant sea turtles, eels, and other sea creatures. Overall, we had a fantastic time. And, we had Will take photos, so we have some really good pics to remember the trip.

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Such an awesome day I had to go back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I chose Reef Pirates because they have their own boat, they only take a small number of divers out at a time and they specifically cater to advanced divers. So I had high expectations and Sean and his team exceeded those expectations. Sean looked after me and made me feel relaxed. He is a good judge of character and skills, tailoring the dives to your experience so you feel very safe and get the most out of the experience. We dived the wreck of the WWII corsair (crystal clear water so you could see the wreck sitting 105 ft below you before you even started to descend) and Koko Craters (where we spent around an hour hanging out with six huge turtles, and we were done before any of the other operators arrived with their huge groups to scare aware the turtles). It was so good I went back and did a second day of diving, this time doing two drift dives at the Landing Craft and Fantasy Reef, seeing more turtles, moray eels, manta rays, puffer fish and lots of tropical fish.

Mesa, Az
“Great re-entry into diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I hadn't dove in over 20 years, but Justin and Captain Kathleen were very patient and provided excellent instructions to get us re-oriented. We did a wreck dive and shallow reef dive in which a giant sea turtle hovered over me patiently waiting for me to get out of his way. I had issues with my goggles on the first dive and weights on the second but Justin patiently helped me adjust and work through so that I could get re-acquainted with the gear, depth, water, etc. We were the only 2 divers on the trip which was great for us! My only recommendation would be to invest in a bigger boat. :) Four more divers would have been a bit crowded and the smaller boat led to a rougher trip. I would highly recommend Reef Pirates for their personalized service, patience and expertise. We will certainly be back again. Thanks Justin and Kathleen! Sheryl and Brian

Visited August 2013