“Perfect way to end the day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Rigger

Waikiki Rigger
2161 Kalia Road, Between the Waikiki Shore and the Halekulani Hotel, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Outrigger Catamaran) (Waikiki)
(808) 922-2210
Ranked #94 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
Kailua, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect way to end the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Rigger Sunset Cruise

Nothing says Paradise like being out on the ocean watching the sunset with your skin being kissed by the tropical breeze.

The Rigger Sunset Cruise (affectionately called “the booze cruise”) sails right off of Waikiki Beach near the Shorebird Restaurant. I decided to go on this cruise to learn if it was appropriate for guests of all ages. The fact that it serves unlimited drinks made it sound like there could be a frat boy air about the cruise. I could not have been more wrong! This really is perfect for any age though of course on any given night there could be a large group that might change the dynamics. Make sure to have your cameras ready because you will get the best sunset pictures of your vacation.

The catamaran is stable and we had very little rocking. No one on our cruise complained of feeling seasick. It’s billed as a dry cruise because the waves are gentle and the possibility of getting wet is pretty small. Our sunset cruise was 100% as billed.

The fabulously friendly crew serve complimentary and never ending beer, wine, soft drinks, water and their house drink that really packs a punch.

The trip was beautiful with a perfect sunset, great music, and fun travelers from all over. Far from being a party boat, it was a laid back chill time to relax and enjoy the uniqueness of Waikiki. The view was amazing. Every spot on the boat is a good one.

Tips: This sells out quickly so visit the concierge to make your reservation. Be ready for an alternative date just in case your preferred date is not available. They also feature an Eco Snorkeling, High Speed Trade Wind, and Fireworks (Fridays only) cruise.

Visited September 2013

Apex
8 attraction reviews
“Bait and switch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have gone out on the Waikiki Rigger each time we've visited Waikiki and this time they told us (after we paid) that we would be going out on the Na Hoku down the beach. It was awful! Watered down drinks, a crummy catamaran, slow trip and a big disappointment. I would never go out on this catamaran, again.

Visited November 2013
Fresno, California
7 attraction reviews
“Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Ok, I will call this what it is.....a booze cruise. Having said that, it was a blast. I made reservations about one month before our trip but I could have signed up at the beach as there were still a few seats left. You board right from the beach and in fact you have to walk through a couple feet of water so make sure you wear sandals or water shoes. Also, make sure you wear comfortable clothes and depending on where you sit you could get a bit wet. A lot of the younger women wore their bathing suits with a cover-up.

Although it is a booze cruise (all you can drink) you do get great views of Diamond Head and the sunset. I took some great pictures. The cruise lasts about 90 minutes. We had a great time and met some really cool couples from Australia. We would definitely do this again if we find ourselves in Oahu. Oh, I felt very safe and the crew does go over all required Coast Guard safety rules.

6 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I received a great deal on the snorkel and sailing ride via LivingSocial. The crew was extremely nice and great fun. We saw sea turtles and different kinds of fish. Definitely a great snorkeling trip. The sailing part of the trip was about a mile out into the ocean. If you're looking for a sailing trip around the island, this may not be the boat ride for you.

3 attraction reviews
“Great price, great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a nice day in Oct, the crew was great however I do felt they were a bit pushy on the tips. But it was awesome to see the fish, reefs and lots of sea turtles.