“AMAZING EXPERIENCE HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Saratoga Road, P.O. Box 88435, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Luxurious Suite Special
Ranked #1 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I cannot praise the Trump International in Waikiki enough! My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks for our honeymoon and I can categorically say that this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Fantastic location, amazing views, excellent staff and service, everything about the hotel was exceptional!

Key highlights - we were upgraded to a huge room, with partial ocean view, fully stocked kitchenette, huuuge bed and a 52in plasma tv, with large balcony. Free beach bags (with towels, sun lotion, fruit, water etc packed inside). Free champagne on arival (as it was our honeymoon) and dried fruit platter. Wai' Olu Bar, Infinity Pool., Room service, staff - everything! I simply cannot praise this hotel enough. Staff were very friendly and the service was exceptional.

I would visit the trump International wikiki every year if I could!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

1,364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

From the moment we arrived, every staff member was helpful, courteous and always made sure your needs are met. Our studio suite was spacious. The in room kitchen was fully stocked with everything you'd need to make a real meal. The deep soaking tub was luxurious and the perfect way for ending the day. Housekeeping was great, as was the nightly turn down service. One of the best things was being able to pick up a beach bag with beach towels, fruit, bottled water and sunscreen whenever you wanted to head out to the beach, which was less than a block away. We also received 2 bottles of water at you bedside with the turn down service. The cons of the hotel were the small pool, mediocre restaurants and not being beachfront.

• Stayed February 2011
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

The most modern hotel on Waikiki. The views are impressive and worth the extra cost. Our bedroom had a full functioning kitching complete with pots, pans, knives, and utensils. Bed was very comfortable. The infinity pool was small but was nice enough. Prime location. Staff was perfect and knew your name after check-in.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Tsuchiura, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Two nights stayed in Studio Beach Walk.
Studio Beach Walk is the name of room category that we stayed in.
Here is my comments.

42inch LG TV

shower is unhandiness
hair drier is old
no hairbrush

If you need anything they would bring them immediately.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed at the Trump Waikiki during a business trip to Honolulu in February 2011 and was let down by the hotel in a few important ways. First of all, I want to mention this hotel is certainly not 5* like a Four Seasons/Peninsula/Mandarin Oriental. If you are expecting this kind of 5* treatment/amenities/polish, I suggest you go elsewhere. The Trump is solid -- just not to this other high level.

First, my main complains about the hotel.

1)The bathroom. I booked the least expensive room, and the bathroom was small and poorly designed. Specifically, the shower/bath installation was designed by an incompetent. As you will see in the accompanying video, there is only a fixed piece of glass that covers at most 1/4 of the opening of the shower stall. So, when you take a shower, water spews out of the basin all over the adjacent floor and toilet. Even when I put my body as close to the wall as possible, I still could not prevent the massive water drain. Very poor design. Next, the hurdle you need to jump to get in and out of the shower is terribly annoying and painful. I am 5'9" and had trouble; I pity the person who is shorter.

2)The Internet speed is terribly slow -- slow to the point where the connection is almost useless. Yes, the Internet is complementary (or should I more accurately say included with your room rate). The highest speed I got was 0.75Mb/sec down and 0.25Mb/sec up (and this was at 7AM). If I tried to stream a 384k clip, and I had major problems with this simple feat. Trump seriously needs to up the Internet speed per connection.

3)Value. The lowest available rate was $299/night (a promotional rate) during my stay, and I felt this hotel is not worth the money. There are other 4* hotels in Waikiki where you will get more value for your money.

Lobby/Check-In:

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was greeted warmly by valet and given a men's lei. The employee then took my baggage at showed me to the elevator leading to the lobby. When I arrived at the lobby, the employee was very nice and professional but clearly hurried the transaction as she was the only one manning the front desk. She was very stressed dealing with me and taking calls from other guests. Also, I noticed later in the stay that others got cold towels and a cold beverage at check-in; I did not get this (even though I looked very tired (since I just flew 11 hours).

Room:

I booked a standard room (around 300-350 square feet), and it was small but had the bonus of a small kitchenette. The TV was excellent in its clarity and having plenty of channels from which to choose. The bed was the best part of the room experience -- soft and cozy. The desk area was plenty adequate, and the lanai was large and offered some excellent views.

Spa/Exercise:

I was disappointed when I went to the spa only to discover it did not have a sauna or steam room -- just treatment rooms. The exercise facility is a separate room on the way to the spa and is open via room key 24 hours (yea!). There are plenty of modern TechnoGym machines, and the hotel was gracious enough to include cold water (with cucumber and lemon) and a cold sports drink dispenser.

Pool:

The pool area is small and is located on the same floor as the lobby. The pool is infinity-edge and is very small; I would hate to see this place when the hotel is fully booked. Also, there is a small hot whirlpool with the pool installation. It was nice to be able to lookout of the pool towards the ocean and adjacent neighborhood; I was just glad I was at the pool when it was not busy.

Cleanliness:

Excellent. Not only was the room spotless, but I saw the hotel employees cleaning the main areas of the hotel almost constantly. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in for keeping its physical appearance up to shape.

Location:

Excellent. I think this is the best aspect of this hotel. You are steps away from the beach and Kalakaua Avenue (main street through Waikiki). There are many places to eat just downstairs from your room, and the area is relatively quiet since you are adjacent to Fort DeRussy.

Final Thoughts:

I wanted this hotel to be more on the level of a Four Seasons/ Peninsula/Mandarin Oriental and was disappointed that the polish of the former three hotels was not met. When in Waikiki next time, I will opt for one of the 4* accommodations as I feel the price point of the Trump does not get me a much higher level of service and amenities.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for a week. It was our first visit to Honolulu. For us, it was a wonderful stay. The customer service given by check-in, valet and concierge was congenial and efficient. We had a partial ocean view room and it was exactly as described. The view was lovely, the room space was cosy but fine. The bed was wonderful. I am a frequent traveller and a good bed is one of the most important factors in my stay. The room and bathroom were clean with elegant marble finishings. The bathroom was quite a nice size and the shower was wonderful as it was not set in a tub but flush with the floor. Housekeeping was always prompt when we asked our room to be made up and the turn down service was at an appropriate time. I had seen the reviews on this site before I booked the trip so I knew about the issues some reviewers had with the small size of the pool. It was not a factor for us as our desire was to experience some gentility, tranquillity and luxurious comfort at the end of our long days exploring Honolulu and Oahu. This need was met. The only minor negative comment I would have is about the food in the hotel. It was not as good as I expected given the rest of the experience. It was not awful just rather lacklustre and very ordinary. Overall, we had a good stay and would stay again as long as the customer service, standard of cleanliness and room quality remain high. This would hinge on management not beginning to rest on their laurels but to strive even harder to maintain and surpass customer expectations. A big thank you to the staff who made it such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington,DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Stayed at the Trump for 6 nights, had a fantastic experience. Great hotel with a wonderful location next the park, so close enough to everything while having serenity at the same time. Glad I choose to stay here as it is at the end of the hotel area and not as "packed" as the area between the Sheraton and the Westin.
Staff was all excellent, friendly, would go out of there way for you.
Pool was small, but had a great view of the ocean.
Would stay here again most definitely.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!