“Worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Kansas City, Missouri
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our family of five spent a week in one of the 3 bedroom suites on the 37th floor. We were able to catch a package deal which actually made it only slightly more expensive than renting 3 hotel rooms in one of the oceanfront hotels. It was fantastic from the moment we stepped on the property until the moment we left. Customer service was phenomenal. Everyone seemed to truly appreciate their jobs and showed it. The valet and bell captain were extremely helpful and called us by name after the first day. The housekeeping staff kept the room immaculate and truly were invisible and. . .did I mention the view, the living room was completely enclosed with glass and the view of Waikiki and Diamondhead was amazing. Trump goes the extra mile and is worth every penny. I had never stayed at a Trump property before but I'm sold now.

Room Tip: Suites on the upper floors have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TIHW, Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are happy and grateful to learn that you have now become our fan! Thank you very much for selecting to stay with us and sharing your experiences, highlighting the level of service which we strive in. And yes... the view from the 37th floor is just breathtaking... we do not tire of it!
Please let us know when you are planning your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have travelled a lot and stayed in a lot of nice hotels but this one according to its name Trumps it all. We got there in the morning and the front desk gave us the best customer service you could ever ask for. The Gentleman was so helpful and also gave us a hospitality room which allowed us to have a good nap before our room was ready, as normal check-in was 4pm. The room was clean and simply Brilliant. May not have the Bells and whistles of other 5 star hotels, but the service is 7 star. The Bell Men were so helpful when we needed help and even a slight whisper from my son that he would like to go in a Limo was fulfilled to our surprise when we requested a Taxi and the guy moved mountains to get my son to experience a Limo ride back to the airport. Overall it was the highlight of our holiday experience and glad it was our last stop before coming back to London. Tai

Room Tip: Request the rooms onthe Saratoga road towards the Hilton. Higher floor above 15th
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for travelling half the globe from London to stay with us! We are very happy to learn that your visit was enjoyable and that our associates were able to make a difference especially for your son. Such complements from a seasoned traveler will most definitely boost our spirits and we are grateful for your time.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed for only one night and wished we could have stayed for longer. Service was very polished and friendly. We were greeted warmly with leis upon arrival and offered cold towels and glasses of water at check-in. We had a studio room on the 22nd floor with views of the ocean and the Fort Derussy Beach Park which would be ideal to see the fireworks from the nearby Hilton on Friday nights. Our room was tastefully decorated, very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a plentiful supply of towels. We didn’t do any cooking but the kitchen appeared very well equipped. The welcome gift box of Honolulu Cookies was much appreciated and the cookies were delicious. We munched on them while watching the sunset from our balcony. Free wi-fi is provided.

Very close to Waikiki Beach, shops and restaurants. This would be our first choice on future trips back to Honolulu.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahalo nui loa for staying with us and highlighting your experience with us! We will absolutely be looking forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit next time... and yes... to view the fireworks!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

First off, customer service was over and above any expectation I could have had. From check in to check out the entire team was on.
Antoine at the consierge desk was excellent in recommending a restaurant and getting us reservations.
The "beach package" was a delightful surprise. They give you a beach bag with towels, fruit and water. Nice touch.
The room was excellent. I loved having a kitchen. We are not big eaters so being able to store fresh fruit for breakfast and snacks was nice. The shower and bathroom was a great size.
The walk to the beach was easy, just across the street.
The fitness centre was small but good enough for the three night stay and worked.
Great experience, I would recommend staying there and would stay on our next return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us! We appreciate your precious time in sharing your experiences. We are especially grateful for the complements toward our service and highlighting our Concierge associate. We look forward to welcoming you back again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

A fantastic hotel in a superb location. Staff couldn't do enough to help. Stayed in a one bedroom Suite with den. Stunning views from balconies. Spacious apartment with laundry facilities and everything available in kitchen area that you would ever need. Housekeeping outstanding as were all services provided.
Whilst pool on smallish side always managed to sit on the terrace alongside. More than adequate when you have the most beautiful beach on your doorstep. By far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Attention to detail a complete understatement!! Worth every penny. Said to be one of the best hotels and is without a doubt. Well done and thank you to all at the Trump for making my stay beyond fantastic. Will always be looking to stay at a 'Trump' if possible from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
We are so happy to hear that you had an absolutely wonderful stay with us! Thank you very much for choosing Trump Waikiki as your home away from home and taking the time out to share your experiences with us. We are glad that we met your expectation and will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our little corner of paradise. Mahalo nui loa... a hui hou!
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to Oahu for a vacation. It was our first time. However, the hotel experiences here were poor. The Trump at best was ordinary for a 5-star luxury hotel in Hawaii. There is no class for the money that we invested (~$550/day) in it. And, this rate was without a view; there offer no complimentary upgrades even if their hotel is empty; this is pretty typical of policy in Oahu. (I did ask anyway at the counter; they refused.) The Trump, as an independent, could do better to please their guests. In all, we did not feel rested here.

To make matters worse, I will cite 11 examples of where the staff was too low class, business minded and at times penny-pinching: 1), I choose this hotel so that my mother would have all the courtesies and be treated well. She asked for cream, halfandhalf in the room, for her daily coffee. Unfortunately, she became irate with the service when she had to argue with the service to get more than one or two packets for the entire week; 2) the lotion and shampoo bottles in the bathroom are being recycled after opened by other guests; several of them were in fact leaking; 3) I have the worst experience in the spa as a big Hawaiian woman hurt my back instead of massaging me; she was more of an average mom doing massage in a supposedly refined atmosphere. She wasn't even deterred to look at my private parts upon roller over; the other therapist pressured us to purchase products; the receptionist pressured me to put a 20% tip for the therapists. I returned to the spa at the Sheraton thereafter; they are more professional there; 4) I also choose this hotel, because I was drawn by the unique duck with the bathrobe that I saw online in an bathroom; however I had to go through the manager to get a couple of ducks without a fee. I wanted the duck with the bathrobe; so I purchased one at one own expense for $7 after spending $400 on services; 5) My mom asked for butter to be brought to the room, and the maid refused; what's up with room service?!!; 6) We were not treated that well at lunch on their terrance; 7) the concierge allowed us to borrow tape; he gave us an practically empty roll and asked us to return it afterwards; 8) everyday I was on the phone endlessly trying to get the WIFI service rebooted. (See other reviews here. This is not an isolated problem.) If it wasn't the WIFI, the concierge put me on hold instead of calling back to confirm various tickets; I was put on hold most of the time. What a waste of my time and energy; 9) Dinner suggestions by the hotel were less than good and perhaps tainted by kickback. We in fact walked out of Alan Wong's restaurant; 10) The corridor smelled very strongly of fish; 11) the fire alarm went off; this must happen often as another reviewer just wrote about a similar happening.

Money, money, money, ...., an artificial and business-like attitude pervaded this hotel as most of the local culture in Waikiki. I sent a message to the manager, vested time in their survey, and even wrote a message to Mr. Trump himself on fb. But no one returned my emails to respond to my concerns. This hotel offers their units to be sold, or offered as time-shares. Don't come here thinking it is a refined hotel. There are none in Oahu. Most of the hotels (Mona Surfrider, Sheraton, Royal Hawaiian, and a few others) on the beach are owned by a single company, and all staff share a fundamental jaded attitude toward their guests. If you have to go here, save your money and stay at the Sheraton on the beach as long as you can get it for around $200/night. They're not refined and youngsters make too much noise. The staff can be rude. And, they offer no Leis (Hawaiian flowers) upon arrival. But at least you're on the beach, save money, and are in a vibrant area. The Sheraton is fine for family with children who want to get wet. The Trump is ok if you want a stocked kitchen and bring home your leftovers to make up the few hundred extra in room cost. But you're away from the vibrant area in Waikiki.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TIHW, Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at Trump Waikiki. We appreciate your valuable time in providing feedback. We are sorry to learn of your disappointing experiences.
Our Director of Operations had reached out to you recently. We sincerely hope this was sufficient in addressing your concerns.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Trump Internation hotel in July 2013, The service was excellent! The ocean view deluxe studio we had was very nice, the view was fantastic, for the price I was expecting a 1 bedroom condo, but it was all open with a King bed and sofa bed for the kids, with a kitchenette and a bathroom. The hotel is situated across the street of the beach and the walk way to the beach is not very chic, The pool at the hotel is very disappointing and small its about 10 ft wide by and more a design look than practical for people to swim....but it looked good!!! The BLT resto on the ground floor was exceptional in service and the food was delicious....if you have kids, maybe not the best of hotels to stay at if you are looking for a pool, but if you like to walk to beach and like a kitchenette to cook then its a good place for the amenities!! One little comment, I should of mentionned it to the hotel .....my bed mattress for some reason seemed a bit tilted towards the ceiling........it felt like i was ready to take off on a plane ride.....cause my head seemed lower than my feet....it really made me sleep poorly

Room Tip: shop for prices
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TIHW, Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time out in commenting on your visit. We appreciate your valuable feedbacks, since it gives us the opportunity to review, rectify and improve where necessary. We are sorry to learn especially about the mattress and the displeasure you had to endure. That would not be our normal standard. We hope our associates and the service we provide were able to make up where we lacked facility- and product-wise. Thank you.

Been to Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!