“First Class Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Saratoga Road, P.O. Box 88435, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Luxurious Suite Special
Ranked #1 of 83 hotels in Honolulu
Adelaide, Australia
“First Class Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Trump International Hotel in Honolulu has to be one of the best and most intimate hotels I have stayed in. We stayed in the Deluxe Partial Seaview room for 7 nights from 6 February 2013. The kitchenette was fully equipped. On arrival and departure we received a box of Hawaiin Biscuits from the Honolulu Cookie Company (a must to buy and bring home!) and Trump chocolates. The bedding was comfortable. You have an extensive pillow menu to choose from.The service was, by far, the highlight of our trip. Staff were personal, genuinely helpful, and very polite.

The hotel itself is only across the road from the beach. You cross the lights and it's less than a few walking steps and you hit Waikiki Beach. It was very refreshing to be just that little bit further away from the crowds. Everytime I headed to the beach, conceirge would supply a large Trump bag with fresh fruit, water, sunscreen and how many towels you asked for.

The Trump is within walking distance to all the great shops and restaurants. I will be staying here again on my next trip. Just a heads up - the pool area is rather crowded - but when you're on an island who wants to be at the pool when the world's most popular beach is just across the road!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Trump Hotel provided an excellent service great location great food very warm andf friendly. We came a long way from Ireland all are expectations were exceeded. we would go back tomorrow! We had two birthdays during are stay the trump went the extra mile.From housekeeping to reception to maintenance, everyone was helpful, kind and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Trump hotel for 7 nights in January. We were greeted like family members and made to feel comfortable from the start. As this was our second honeymoon, we arrived to find our Ocean View studio suite had been upgraded to a 1 bedroom ocean view suite on the 31st Floor with views of the ocean and Diamond Head! The room was huge! With 2 bathrooms, 2 big walk in showers, and 2 Lanais, 1 off the living room and a second one off the bedroom! Fabulous!!! I especially liked the the beach bag you could pick up each day, with towels, chilled water bottles, sun screen, and fruit. Nice, Nice touch! All the staff were fabulous and very very friendly and helpful! 5 Star Hotel all the way!!! I honestly have never been treated better by a hotel in my life and we have travelled all over the U.S.
My only complaint is the extremely small pool area! What were they thinking??? There is a very high percentage of Japanese guests at this hotel, so sometimes I felt like the minority! Just somethin g to be aware of! Loved the Hotel! Miss it already!!!

Room Tip: I definitely think it is worth the money to have an ocean view room! After all you are in Hawaii!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

at the Trump International Waikiki Beach Walk! This hotel is simply superb and, in addition to the beautiful property, a lot of the credit goes to the staff. From housekeeping to reception to maintenance, everyone was helpful, kind and friendly without being servile.
We had the least expensive room, the "Vacation like a Trump" special, and it was lovely. We requested a kitchen and lanai, if available, and we got a lovely room with a partial ocean view. Everything was tasteful: lovely art, attractive bathroom and kitchen cabinets and handles, marble floor in the bathroom. The bed was delightfully comfortable with delicious sheets, a great reward after a long flight.
The hotel provides a "beach bag" of towels, sunscreen, fruit and water to take to the beach. At the pool, there is always a decanter of water lightly flavored with the fruit that is in the container. Also sunscreen available at pool along with the nice thick towels.
The concierge was incredibly helpful, particularly helping us get to the wonderful Honolulu Museum of Art.
Only had one light meal at the attractive, open air restaurant-lounge on the lobby level. Extremely pleasant and delicious shrimp tacos with good salsa verde. Inexpensively priced wine during cocktail hour.
Finally, the last best thing, which was really just luck: On the day we left we had a 9:30 PM flight to New Zealand. They let us stay in our room until 7:00 PM. I know this is something that wouldn't always be possible, but it was typical of the Trump that they made this effort to accomodate us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had the smallest unit and booked mine through Jet Luxury Resorts so I only paid $210 per night. With that being said it was an amazing deal. However, I know most people are booking straight with the hotel and that's my only concern.

The studio was average - 400 sq ft.. We have a partial ocean-view which was nice. Couldn't cook anything in the kitchen as the smallest studio doesn't have a stove top. But you can utilize the fridge and microwave. The decor was ok. I've stayed in many nice properties and I didn't really feel like I was staying in luxury but look at the pictures and decide for yourself. I think that's a personal choice.

I deducted one point for the bathroom. It only had one sink so it was hard to place your toiletries. There is only one bar for towels which contain your big towels to dry off with so you don't have a spot to put your hand towel after you've washed your hands. The shower doesn't have a curtain but a half slab of glass so we had to use a big towel on the floor to catch the water which meant we always had to call housekeeping for more towels.

My favorite thing was the bed. Bed felt heavenly and I slept like an angel every time!

The staff was really friendly. Drinks didn't knock my socks off and food was pretty good. Location is great and they give you a beach bag with towels, water, apples and suntan lotion which is very nice and helpful. If you can go through Jet Luxuries go for it!

Not a bad property just isn't worth the normal price tag and didn't feel all that luxurious to me. I thought Trump would know better! This was my 1st time @ Waikiki Beach so I can't compare rooms but when I return I will look @other properties.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hands down, the Trump is the best place I have stayed in Waikiki. While it is not located beachfront and does not have an overly Hawaiian feel to it, it more than makes up for it with incredible rooms, impeccable service and great design.

The staff - from the concierge to the lounge to the cleaning staff - make you feel welcome and are happy to help out. Our room was impeccably cleaned, with twice daily service.

As noted in the other reviews, the hotel is located about a block off the beach and has a very small pool. However, we found it quite relaxing and quiet. Definitely not hectic like some of the other Waikiki hotels I have stayed in (Hilton, Surfrider, etc.). The hotel is, however, well located and you can easily access the beach to the east and west. It was nice not to be fixed at one end of the beach. There are also lots of amenities nearby - stores, car rental, shopping and restaurants.

Our room, a studio with partial ocean view, was comfortable and had lots of space. My only criticism is that there is not much drawer space to unpack, but the rest of the suite was luxurious. The kitchenette was well stocked and easy to use - very practical if (when) you get tired of eating out in restaurants all week. We headed out to the Whole Foods and picked up great breakfast and snack food to enjoy on our patio. The twice-daily room attendants even help with the dishes!

Beach bags are available at the concierge before heading out and were a nice touch - towels, sunscreen, water and fruit.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view. It's worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Without a doubt the service is 5 star at Trump Waikkiki. The concierge, house keeping, bellman and even the Attache team who called us in the room to make sure we are enjoying our stay. They even took note of my wife's birthday and sent chocolate and flowers toi the room. They make you feel welcome from the get go. If you like the option of cooking your own meals this hotel is for you, with rooms coming with spacious kitchens,
My family and I booked a 2 bd suite with ocean view, this was upgraded upon arrival and the room was fantastic. Yes, the pool is small and there is only a couple of restaurants on site compare to the other resorts in waikikki. But you're in Hawaii to sit on a beach not spend your days there by the pool, also the location of this hotel is central to many decent restaurants and shops. The concierge even pack a complimentary beach bag with towels, sunscreen, water and fruit for you day at the beach. Now thats service.
One thing I love about this hotel is they don't charge you wifi access unlike many other 5star hotels. this is conveniant especially if you want to maintain contact with home overseas.
Will definately come back!

Room Tip: We had beach view. Great to wake up to!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!