We are Australian Chinese and travel internationally once a year. Since it's only an annual event, we like to pamper ourselves with 5star & luxury when we travel.
We have researched many hotels in Waikiki for 3months before travelling and decided to book 3 different hotels throughout our 2 weeks stay just so we are not stuck with one hotel in case we do not like it. Also, it's nice to book different budget/themed hotels just to experience how they are like.
We selected lower budget Hyatt Place Waikiki (turn out to be the best value), medium budget Outrigger Reef on the Beach (worst value, we moved out after one night) and highest budget JW Marriott Ko Olina (worst value as well and a ripoff). Read my reviews on these 3 hotels on TripAdvisor to find out more.
After one intolerable night at Outrigger, we decided to look for another hotel and Trump International was the natural solution, it being the number 1 hotel on Tripadvisor and we wanted to check out what the fuss was about.
As we were already in Waikiki, we decided to view the rooms personally before booking as we do not want to fall into the same trap as Outrigger, where it was rated "4 star" or more by Tripadvisor reviewers but when we personally experience it, was more of a "tourist class" hotel, rooms were badly outdated, bad soundproofing and noisy.
We were shown 2 different rooms at Trump and straight away, we knew we have found the 5star standard we were after.
Trump is about 3yrs of age, hence, all facilities still look brand new, including rooms, pool, carpet, business center, etc. There is a kitchenette in all guest rooms and though we did not need to use it, it comes in very handy for those who wants to save and cook instead of dining out. The kitchenette is fully equipped with everything, you do not need to bring any extras.
The bathroom is a good size though we would prefer the toilet to be separated from the shower so others can use when one is showering.
There is a lap pool at the Lobby plus Spa, which was great.
The most "Wow" experience for us was their "Spectacular" Customer Service, which was personalised, cheerful, customer focused and going the extra mile, unlike other hotels which claim they are luxury/5star, eg JW Marriott Ko Olina, but provide robotic service if any!
We lost our belongings at a Luau and due to travel Insurance claims purposes, we are required to lodge a police report. The manager, Jeff, went the extra mile to help us out, contacted the police to come to the Hotel so we can lodge the report, gave us a private spot at the breakfast lounge to do this and even stayed with us during the police report just in case we need anything!
Now, We have travelled all over the world including Europe, Asia, USA, Australia, NZ, you name it, and stayed in all sorts of hotels, we have never had such personalised service!
Also, the day before we check out, we received a call from the Hotel thanking us for staying with them and asking us if there is any assistance we require for checking out eg wake up call, luggage, transportation, etc. None of the other Hotels do this.
Our flight back to Australia was 10am and have to checkout by 7am, the bills were all ready when I step in front of the Reception unlike other Hotels, when you call them from the room asking them to prepare the Invoice, you still need to wait when you reached Reception. The bellman was also on the way up to the room collecting our luggage and our rental car was already parked out front, all as requested the night before and without any reminders! I call this "Customer Service"!
1. The shampoo/bath gel/conditioner smelt horrible though and could be improved.
2. The buffet breakfast cost $35++, and lack variety, definitely not worth the value as Denny's Restaurant is just across the street and on Waikiki Beach Walk, there is another restaurant offering cooked breakfast for less than $10.
3. Could have separate toilet and shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why save the best for last when you can have it all the time? And why stay anywhere else in Hawaii when you can stay at Trump International Hotel™ Waikiki Beach Walk®? This Hawaii luxury hotel is part of the Waikiki Beach Walk development offering vibrant entertainment, exclusive boutiques and world-class restaurants, making it one of the premier Honolulu hotels. Add the simple fact that Waikiki's famous white sand beaches are just steps away, it becomes the perfect respite for your next Hawaiian getaway.Trump Waikiki offers all of the exceptional amenities and superior services of the Trump Hotel Collection to help guests live the life Hawaiian style. A 6th-floor infinity pool with an expansive lanai deck, world-class indoor and al fresco dining, The Spa at Trump® and signature services of Trump Attaché - only the best will do at our luxury hotel. This is paradise, after all ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu