“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Saratoga Road, P.O. Box 88435, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Luxurious Suite Special
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
San Diego, California
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I read my share of Trip Advisor reviews prior to our trip, however, I was still amazed by the level of service @ the Trump. Because I traveled with my 3-year-old daughter, I will focus mostly on the service and amenities that catered to her.

We ate at the In-Yo cafe for breakfast buffet one morning. She was free of charge, and there was plenty for her to eat (she is vegetarian). They offered her a place mat with stickers to keep her occupied. She loved all the guava/passion fruit juices and kept asking for more.

They provided a welcome gift for her, as well as cake pops and a card welcoming her with her name on it! Her favorite feature in the hotel, however, had to be the pool. Yes, it is not the largest pool on the block, as some reviewers mentioned. However, for us it was perfect. There are 3 wading areas leading into the pool (that were just 6" deep), which was the PERFECT area for my 3-year-old to play in, without fear of her falling into the deeper area. Then (I was so surprised by this), we discovered that they supplied swim diapers next to the pool area, in 3 different sizes. I came prepared with my own swim diapers, but we definitely made use of this when we were @ the pool and it was more convenient. In addition, they pool staff provided my daughter with inner tubes to play in in the pool, when they were stocked with them. I brought a life vest for her, but she enjoyed the security of both the vest and inner tube. We ordered lunch and smoothies @ the pool, and we enjoyed the smoothies very much. They even had a kids' menu, and we ordered her a PB & J sandwich with fries.

We stayed 6 days, and my sister and I were so sad to leave by the week's end. We had gone to Honolulu to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday, and they went above and beyond expectations to make her feel special. Little things such as a call from the Attache department, as well as sending up a dessert on her birthday, made her birthday that much more memorable. The staff was so personal and genuinely hospitable, that my sister & I felt as though we were leaving friends. They take care of your every need, and anticipate your requests before you even call them! I hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed only one night at the Trump Waikiki and were very impressed with the hotel, its location and the terrific service. The hotel provided a beach bag with towels, water and sunscreen for our day at the beach, then let us have a very late check-out to shower and clean up before we caught our flight back to the mainland. The breakfast buffet was an international affair, with a heavy Asian influence plus American favorites. The flatbreads at the bar/restaurant provided a yummy, reasonably-priced and filling dinner before check-out. Although this hotel is not on the beach, it is a one-block walk through a park to the best section of Waikiki beach. Other hotels that are "on-the-beach" really have no beach, so this location was great! We really enjoyed this hotel and would not hesitate to return.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very welcoming, accommodating and pays attention to every detail. I loved that they prepared beach bags for the guests! My only complaints were that the pool was too small and the other guests already in the pool pretty much monopolized the space. Also I think the umbrellas and beach chairs should have been complementary.

• Stayed October 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The reviews have been right. This is not a high roller resort style hotel with a vast number of restaurants and special features, but everything is done very well and the staff are right up there with the very best. At some places you get the irksome impression that the staff are overly nice because they are worried about supervisors, cameras or other staff members so that there shmoozy inquiries into your health and well being become annoying. The Trump staff are caring very willing to help without you feeling like your skin is crawling.

The rooms are very well presented, but perhaps not at fine five star level. The couple of restaurants in the hotel are very expensive when you consider you can walk down the road and have equal quality food for less than half the price.

The concierge staff were knowledgeable and always willing to assist, without it seeming like a chore or with them being over the top.

If you want a resort type hotel, with all of the attending bling, then this is not the hotel for you. If you like to feel very well looked after and fell as if you have uncovered something a bit different with a touch of being 'special', then this is a very good option

Room Tip: The Waikiki beach end of the hotel gives you more substantial views of the water.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel lives up to its reputation from arrival to check-out. The service was near perfect, all staff are friendly and helpful. The only little glitches were a one-off lapse of service at the Wai'oulu Bar where we were a bit forgotten about. The other two times we dined here we had excellent service especially from Jaime. Would recommend the Wai'oulu for its really good Tapas food, and it has great views of the ocean.

The pool is excellent with amazing views. The size of the pool is relatively small compared to some other hotels but works well. The pool service is attentive and friendly especially from Angie. One of our pet peeves is screaming kids and we found this hotel to be pretty much kid free especially when compared to other places like the Embassy Suites which is over the road.

The hotel's breakfast restaurant In Yo is in a beautiful setting and has a good range of food including continental meats, cooked breakfast, fruits, and Japanese style food. We found it expensive at $33 + tax + tip per person. There are many good and cheaper options just a moments walk away.

The room (we were on level 12 room #1214) was very well presented. It had the mini kitchen was well appointed (full range of cooking equipment). A great bathroom with twin basins. This room also had a balcony (Lanai). TV is large, bed is good. The view was city which overlooked the pool of another hotel which was fine. If you do want a view of the ocean go for "ocean view". You will overlook a park through to the ocean. The sunsets are beautiful and the night view is also good with the lit up buildings across the park.

The Hilton lets off fireworks every Friday at 7:45pm so if you are in a room on the park side (the Bar and pool also see this) you'll get a brilliant display! We went to the beach and watched from there which is also excellent.

Overall we would definitely go back to the Trump Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher the better. Ocean side a preference if you can. Balcony a must.
toronto, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What an amazing place! We knew when we arrived at the airport and told the taxi dispatcher that we were staying at the Trump and she said, "ooh, wow, nice" that we were in for something special! We arrived and were given a shell lei, a cool towel, and a drink. The big airy check-in on the 6th floor is delightful, and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome!

From there, we were shown our room, a wonderful partial ocean view one bedroom. We had an immense foyer, a washer and dryer, a full kitchen, an enormous bathroom, a decent sized bedroom, and a wonderful living area to rest in. I was shocked to find not only a box of Honolulu Company cookies, but also a piece of birthday cake with a personal message! Really thoughtful.

It truly doesn't get better than this. The pool was really nice and relaxing, great views of the sunset and absolute amazing pool side staff that were super nice and helped me get rid of my vog headache! They give you a beach bag to take to the beach with you with towels, bottles of water, sunscreen, and fruit. Everything you could ever need! We asked for extra towels and were given them no problem. The concierge helped us book tours and delivered the vouchers right to our room. The nightly turn down service was delightful and it was great coming home to a clean room every night after our afternoon showers from being at the beach all day.

You really really can't go wrong here. It was such an amazing stay and I appreciate all of the staff for their hospitality!

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a wonderful hotel--they truly spoiled us--best hospitality of any hotel I have ever been to, EVER. We stayed there October 26-30, 2012. We booked a one-bedroom city view and were given a complimentary upgrage to a one-bedroom plus den (two full bathrooms) with a full oceanview along with a $50 meal voucher. My 6 year old's comment when she flopped into bed after watching the Friday night fireworks from our room summed it up the best: Ahhh, home sweet hotel! Even our 9 month old was comfy in the full crib (not a pack and play)! The only problem that we had was that our refrigerator must have stopped working in the middle of the night of our second night and most of our groceries had to be thrown out. They were VERY prompt about fixing it--the fan had to be replaced and it was fixed and back to normal refrigerator temperature within 4 hours of my phone call notifying them that it was not working. I was a little sad they didn't offer to replace our groceries, and I am sure they would if I had asked, but I was too sheepish to ask--the value that we got with the room, the service, and the extras such as the complimentary upgrade and meal voucher, stuffed animal, cakepops and Wii for the kiddo, fully stocked beachbags whenever we wanted, etc. surely surpassed the $50 lost in groceries! I would stay there again in a heartbeat if we returned to Oahu and Trump hotels will be first on my list if we travel to any other city where there is one. We stayed at three different hotels during our trip to Hawaii--one in Maui that felt like a normal hotel, the Trump which I wished I could have stayed in longer because it felt like a vacation home, and a third on in Oahu that made me ready to go back to my own home in Minnesota. I guess my only "complaint" is of our own doing--this is now the standard of service my family will want to compare everything else to!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!