“Pleasant dining on patio of Plumerias” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Plumeria Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 1,946 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kahala Avenue
Penn Valley, California
“Pleasant dining on patio of Plumerias”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Good food, great service, and an oceanside view. Had small and large group meals there as part of daughter's wedding party.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Kahala hotel restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I visited the Kahala and we had lunch at the restaurant there. Service was ok but the waitress took my credit card (I had not taken it out of the black folder after signing the bill). I did not notice the loss until later that evening (sometime between 8 and 9pm the same day).
I immediately telephoned the Kahala using the telephone number on my receipt (808-739-8760) and was only able to reach a recording which said the hotel was closed.
I called again at 7 a.m. the next morning (intending to go to pick up my card) and was told that the hotel had destroyed my card.
When I complained, they claimed this to be standard procedure everywhere...BUT that is NOT the case. I have left my card at restaurants before and in fact my friend left one at Michelles restaurant in Honolulu and only called to pick it up very late the next day... and it was there!
Destroying my card is not only rediculous but caused me a great deal of problems!!!
This hotel destroyed my card within a couple of hours of me being there and they were well aware that I would not be able to reach them until the next morning!
Common sense and common courtesy would have allowed for me to call within that day or early into the next day to pick up my card. I have NEVER heard of any restaurant destroying a card so quickly!!!! Does the Kahala not trust it's own staff?
I had to arrange for funds for the remainder of my holiday and although I phoned american express immediately from the US, it took me hours of my holiday to even get through to the correct Canadian amex department and order a new card.
Although I was promised a replacement in a couple of days, this was NOT the case and I had to wait almost a week after I got home before my card was replaced.

Hong Kong, China
“Good feeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I dinned at Plumeria Beach last year for breakfast only. This year I tried both the dinner and breakfast.

Frankly I did not find the breakfast outstanding. It was OK. I do not find many selections but quality of food is good, especially the fruit. It is interesting to find that there is only one staff at the egg section making various ways of cooking eggs on 4 stoves, apparently very busy.

In the evening it is another feeling. Before sunset nearly all tables overlooking the west are occupied. By the time I sat down the sun was almost set, so I took a table inside. The feeling is good, just different from sitting outside.

The waitress is polite and willing to explain the menu. We ordered some wine, though not particularly good. We ordered for dinner lobster, steak, and pasta, all with good quality. But I had expected the lobster to be a bit bigger. I particularly like the ice cream sundae dessert.

Overall the feeling dinning at Plumeria is an enjoyable one.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Breakfast Buffet Heaven! Great Fish Tacos at Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Caring service and wide variety- glutinous options at breakfast and healthy alternatives.

Great lunchtime Baja style fish tacos with local fish! Yum!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went for the buffet breakfast every morning. The variety was spectacular. There was fish, potatoes, eggs of every kind, fruit of every kind, bacon...you name it. So delicious.

Visited February 2013