“I've seen worse” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pho Old Saigon

Pho Old Saigon
2270 Kuhio Ave # 1, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
(808) 922-2668
Neighborhood: Waikiki
New Jersey
“I've seen worse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Decent service, nice selection, adequate food. I believe in portion control, but I would have appreciated a little more than I received here. Actually had to visit the international market afterward to supplement this meal, and I am careful about calorie intake. Still..,, I may give this place a second chance, having read some of the other reviews.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Toronto
“Authentic pho but over priced!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Perhaps I'm used to paying half of what they charge here but the dishes were very over priced!!

Food was good and authentic but it felt so wrong to pay $10 for a bowl of small pho!! In Toronto, the most you'd pay is $6.00 for a large.

Service- Asian service...

Yummy - but over priced. What can you expect...we're in Waikiki!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Hit the spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were looking for places to eat that are yummy and inexpensive. My husband and I saw this place and stopped in for dinner. The prices were right and the food was delicious! I had the BBQ Chicken with Veggie Egg Role Vermicelli Bowl. Sooooo Yummy! I ate the entire bowl!

Visited June 2012
Mendon, Vermont
“Mmmm, good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Soup is considered medicine to some, and when we need good soup we go to this little venue. There is nothing as delectable as Vietnam broth and the opportunity to add your own bay leaves and bean sprouts. Service is no-nonsense and fare is hearty. A good value!

Visited May 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Walked to this little gem after a long day on the beach. It's a little more expensive than most Pho places I've been to in the world, but that's a function of being in Hawaii. The Pho was delicious though and well worth the $11.95. Don't come here if you're looking for romance or a special night out, but rather, a cheap night with great reliable food. I would go back without hesitation. To echo a previous evaluator, I did raise an eyebrow at the fact that you do have to buy noodles ($1.50) with the beef Pho, but don't with the clear, chicken Pho. I'd never seen that before, but it still doesn't take away from the experience.

• Visited May 2012