I couldn't get the Wyndham by the beach so I had to settle for this location and at the end, it was okay.
The staff is excellent... they open the door everytime we walk up and say "Welcome Back!" Front desk is helpful and the Concierge, even though they try to get you to one of the presentations, are not pushy and willing to give you directions. Only maid service on Wednesdays... which was a bummer... and they do not do dishes. Speaking of dishes... only two of each and no range in the room. It says "suite" but it's the size of a regular room... small area for the fridge, sink, toaster, microwave and coffee maker.
Loved the balcony! the sunrise is beautiful then it gets too bright to be out there... our scenery was very nice with the tall buildings in front, the canal with the mountains on the left and the ocean a distant right side. The NOISE IS BAD! You are in downtown! I was on the 9th floor and the honking, electric saws, motorcycle racing, back up beeping from the trucks, sirens, etc woke me up several times even with the balcony door closed!
You are a few minutes from the bus stops, shops, ABC Store, Vit's Steakhouse (good cheap breakfast and happy hour drinks) and BEACH! Love being close to everything.
No restaurant nor bar in the hotel... they give you coffee at the front desk and there is always cold water when you return.
Safe in the closet... some drawer space and hangers for your clothes. Bathroom is small and a little dark but full mirror by the front door so you can see what you look like before you leave the room. This hotel is only 2 years old (renovated) so it's pretty modern and the furniture is nice... Lobby has chandeliers and nice art frescoes on the ceiling. Small pool, sauna room but no hot tub... Everything is very neat and clean... A-1 for cleanliness!
I would come back and request a room on a higher floor. Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Garden at Waikiki offers hotel rooms with a variety of views; and one- and two-bedroom suites featuring large bedrooms with plenty of closets and storage space, spacious living areas, Italian marble bathrooms with separate shower and bathtub, and private lanais and balconies. Royal Garden at Waikiki is an ideal choice for a romantic getaway or extended family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Royal Garden Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Waikiki Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu