We stayed at the Royal Gardens during the second week of our honeymoon in Hawaii. We had just stayed at a pretty lack-luster resort through RCI in Kauai, so our expectations were pretty low. The Royal Gardens has clearly been renovated - the lobby is really nice and the rooms were also well done. Everything was really clean and up to date and the front desk was pretty helpful.
A few dings: the timeshare folks downstairs were mildly aggressive. On our first morning in the hotel, we even had a gal call our room at 8am to ask if we'd want to join a timeshare sales meeting. Uh, no? Especially if you call me at 8am on vacation. Pretty inconsiderate. Also, the hotel has a pool - but no hot tub. Kind of a bummer - since you really don't need a pool given the beach is a 10 minute walk away.
The location of this hotel is pretty great - just a few minutes from the main street in Waikiki - we could pretty much walk everywhere. We did rent a car for two days to visit other parts of the island and that seemed totally sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Garden at Waikiki offers hotel rooms with a variety of views; and one- and two-bedroom suites featuring large bedrooms with plenty of closets and storage space, spacious living areas, Italian marble bathrooms with separate shower and bathtub, and private lanais and balconies. Royal Garden at Waikiki is an ideal choice for a romantic getaway or extended family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TravelClick and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Garden Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Waikiki Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu