I did not stay at this property, but I visited it while in Waikiki staying at another property. It's a recent addition to Wyndham/Worldmark and I wanted to see it.
It's not located on the beach and is a good 10-15 minute walk to the beach (I walked to the beach in well under 10 minutes but I was walking for exercise, which I need). But it was also very close to Waikiki Beach Walk, which is a nice area for shopping and restaurants (easy 5 minute walk).
This is a very nice property, I really liked it. I asked the front desk if I could see a room and they let me into a Studio King. It is a good size Studio, larger than others I've seen but not enormous. It has the new Wyndham "formula" of dark cabinets, dark furniture, granite countertops and nice bathrooms. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and thought it would be good place to stay -- acknowledging the limitations of a Studio versus a 1BR. The pool/grass area is very nice and peaceful, but I think would definitely be shaded in by the adjacent tall buildings.
The thing that struck me the most was the lobby seemed very elegent for a Hawaii property -- it's not the open air Hawaiian feel -- it's more a lobby out of a nice hotel in Manhattan -- marble everywhere and a beautiful chandelier. Again...felt like Manhattan but was very beautiful.
I liked the property and may stay here on a future trip.
I'm trying to attach pics -- my apologies for poor quality -- they are from a cell phone camera and lighting was very tough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Garden at Waikiki offers hotel rooms with a variety of views; and one- and two-bedroom suites featuring large bedrooms with plenty of closets and storage space, spacious living areas, Italian marble bathrooms with separate shower and bathtub, and private lanais and balconies. Royal Garden at Waikiki is an ideal choice for a romantic getaway or extended family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Royal Garden Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Waikiki Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu