“Great addition to Wyndham collection” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Sale - 25% Off
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Great addition to Wyndham collection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I did not stay at this property, but I visited it while in Waikiki staying at another property. It's a recent addition to Wyndham/Worldmark and I wanted to see it.

It's not located on the beach and is a good 10-15 minute walk to the beach (I walked to the beach in well under 10 minutes but I was walking for exercise, which I need). But it was also very close to Waikiki Beach Walk, which is a nice area for shopping and restaurants (easy 5 minute walk).

This is a very nice property, I really liked it. I asked the front desk if I could see a room and they let me into a Studio King. It is a good size Studio, larger than others I've seen but not enormous. It has the new Wyndham "formula" of dark cabinets, dark furniture, granite countertops and nice bathrooms. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and thought it would be good place to stay -- acknowledging the limitations of a Studio versus a 1BR. The pool/grass area is very nice and peaceful, but I think would definitely be shaded in by the adjacent tall buildings.

The thing that struck me the most was the lobby seemed very elegent for a Hawaii property -- it's not the open air Hawaiian feel -- it's more a lobby out of a nice hotel in Manhattan -- marble everywhere and a beautiful chandelier. Again...felt like Manhattan but was very beautiful.

I liked the property and may stay here on a future trip.

I'm trying to attach pics -- my apologies for poor quality -- they are from a cell phone camera and lighting was very tough.

Best,

Greg

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Hotel is in a great location, staff very professional and helpful. Rooms recently remodeled but needs improvements. We were looking to buy a time share and tried this resort. After moving from one noisy room on the 7th floor to another noisy room on the 8th floor we decided to hop over to Kona and found the Hilton to be our choice for purchase. The Royal Garden needs to fix the noise with the sliding doors, (extremly noisy) and the plumbing very noisy when someone takes a shower and flushes.(in another room) Also, not very sound proff we could hear it all from the rooms.. from someone coughing to another person farting in their room. If the Hotel wants to sell the property to interested buyers treat them with a bit more respect. The hotel was not sold out. If they really wanted us to purchase and fall in love with the resort, why not a higher floor room, away from traffic. Would I stay again, NO

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room away from the traffic side
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife and I as well as our 1 yr old daughter stayed at the Royal Garden for 6 nights this Feb 2012. Going into it the only thing I knew was what I had read here on tripadisor.com. It seemed like some of the posts made this hotel seem a little sketchy at times. Well the hotel was anything but sketchy. It has been newly renovated. Everything in our room was brand new. The room has everything you need like a kitchenette as well as plates, cups, silverware, blender, toaster, mini fridge, sink and I am probablly forgetting something. We had a nice balcony with a good view. I cannot say one bad thing about the room. Everything was perfect. The staff was great and had a crib already set up in our room for our daughter. The hotel has a laundry room that is free to use as well as detergent that is free.
I was very surprised that right when you check in you are able to talk to your own "personal trip advisor" who is always in the lobby. They draw up maps, set up excursions for you, recommend places to eat/visit, draw up bus routes, and answer any question about the island. If they dont know the answer they will find it out. It was very convenient to always have them on hand. I was very impressed with the staff. When we checked in we accidentally scuffed the newly painted wall in the hall with our suit case. By the time we got our suitcases in the room and unpacked they had already notcied the scuff and repainted the wall. They were always on top of everything. I could go on and on about this hotel and how impressed I was.
If I could point out any downsides about this place it would be that parking is very expensive. We did rent a car for a couple of days while we were there. We chose not to use the parking at the hotel, it is 25$ a day. We found free parking on the streets around the hotel that worked just fine. You just have to be aware about what time you need to move your car. One other downside is if you would rather stay at the pool than walk to the beach. The pool is very small and there is not a hot tub. There are 2 saunas.
The location is awesome. It is right at one end of Kalakalau St which is a very busy area that has hundreds of shops, a market, malls, places to eat, street entertainers, street vendors. I liked the location because it is not right in middle of all that craziness but is very accessible, probablly a 2 minute walk. Fort de Russy beach is about a 4-5 minute walk.
I would definatly recommend this property and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I think everything has been renovated. We stayed on the 6th floor and everything was brand new. Ma...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Monterey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights on the 9th floor on the north side of the building (away from the street). We love to walk so we did not mind being 15 minutes walk from Waikiki beach. This location is close to the main streets of Waikiki, convenient to bus stops, and is a quiet location. We stayed on the 9th floor and the room was clean and had everything we needed including free wireless internet. We took Robert's Shuttle from the airport so we did not have to deal with a car. The staff at this location is very friendly and helpful. One of the days we were there, we walked to the top of Diamond Head and back, it took about 4 hours and it was very nice to walk through some of the neighborhoods, see the city college, etc. There are many great restaurants and the studio setup we had in the room allowed us to make coffee, tea, and breakfast.

Room Tip: I would ask for room on the North side of the building, this overlooks the pool, is off the streets...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I went to the Royal Garden for our Honeymoon and to use our timeshare for the first time over the Christmas holidays in 2011. The staff was very welcoming and very friendly. The staff was always there to help and to answer any questions that we had. The cleanliness of the place was very good.

We didn't have a microwave in our first room, but with one quick call to the front desk, the staff brought one right up. The rest of the room was great, clean, and spacious enough for a couple...we stayed in a studio room the first 4 nights.

We upgraded for the last part of our stay in a one bedroom presidential suite for the last 3 nights. We were quite impressed with the room!! Full size fridge, laundry facilities, diswasher, and great shower, no bathtub though. There was 2 balconies, one out of the bedroom and one out of the living room. There was a red stain on the flooring in the kitchen, not sure what it was, thinking marker...it didn't bother us as we were out visiting all the sites anyway.

The pool was a bit cold because it's in the back of the building where the sun only spent a bit of time in the afternoon. Wasn't a deal breaker by any means. The workout room was sufficent, only a few cardio machines but they did the trick.

The computer/family room beside the gym was good. I was able to print out my boarding passes for my flights.

All in all, a great place great location as everything was within a 10-15 minute walk. Nights were quiet as well.

We look forward to going back to Hawaii but may stay at the other Wyndham resort next time to try something different.

Room Tip: Rooms on Olohana street get the sunrise, great for watching sunrise from the 25th floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon in December 11'. It is a few blocks off the beach in Waikiki, but still a very good location. You can walk almost anywhere you want in just a few short minutes, so you don't really need a car. (On a side note, we did get a car, and parking is hard to find. Valet is $25 per night). The lobby is very nice and the staff is pleasant to deal with. Any issue we brought up, was immediately fixed or changed. Our room was on the 9th floor and had a very good view of the area with a balcony. The pool area is a bit on the sad side as it is very small, but why are you using the pool when there is the beach a few blocks away anyways, right? Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The corner room we recieved was very noisy in terms of wind. Wind picked up towards sleeping times a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Thankyou Aaron for your friendly service when we arrived.The room was nice,the amenities in the building such as large media centre,free laundry machines came in very handy.I was happy with the room and the location.I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want a chance of having a side view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Garden Waikiki? Share your experiences!