“AN AMAZING PLACE TO EAT OR JUST DRINK..!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of P. F. Chang's - Waikiki

P. F. Chang's - Waikiki
2201 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
P. F. Chang's - Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 1,906 restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Cross street: Lewers
Description: P.F. Chang's is committed to providing an exceptional dining experience from the moment guests walk through the door. Every menu item is made to order from the freshest highest quality ingredients. Discover the difference. Taste the distinct flavors of the highly acclaimed Chang's Chicken in Soothing Lettuce Wraps, savory Mongolian Beef, Chang's Spicy Chicken stir-fried in a sweet Sichuan sauce or the Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Lemon Pepper.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“AN AMAZING PLACE TO EAT OR JUST DRINK..!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was another local restaurant just along from where we were staying at the Imperial Hotel, and we often stopped by for a drink or two? Just to get out of the heat, or a snack especially during happy hour, with the portions being just the right size for a snack. And the one thing I always noticed was this place is always busy by day and night, just sitting watching the World go by with a cold beer in ones hand is always sheer bliss and being served by some very attentive staff too. on one occassion we decided to have a meal here and on the night in paticular it was extremely busy and we ended up waiting for a table no big deal, untill a waiter walking past was accidently knocked sending a plate of half empty pasta onto my sitting wife's lap, which went all over her and bruised her knee in the process. fortuanatly the manageress was nearby and quickly calmed things down and got my wife cleaned up, and gave us a couple of drinks on the house. OK it was an accident but, it could have been serious especially if it had been hot sauce instead, a lucky escape but she was pretty shaken by the experiance, so just be careful folks.
Now as for the meal I must admit it was pretty good compared to the rubbish we get served back home masquerading as Chinese food, it's salty and sweet and full of chemicals too. However P.F Changs is very different in the taste and presentation, and we had ordered a Chicken noodle dish for my wife and as for me I had the Beef rice stir fry along with the many dips, and with some drinks in hand, had a great view of the area below at night. A good tip ask for an upstairs table, probably best if you book it first. As for the meal, I can't fault it, honestly, it was very nice and enjoyable. Even the prices wern't that bad either, and well worth the money, the only down side is that no one from the Staff or the Management came to see us to ask how my wife was feeling, i found this a little disappointing to be honest, but we made sure it didn't spoil our night even though my wife's knee was badly bruised the next day. But, would I recommend this restaurant? Absolutely folks, the food here is pretty authentic and the service very quick.. And we did come back later.. No worries.!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
“Very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I decided to have lunch here on a Thursday. The restaurant was not busy. The staff was very pleasant. The happy hour menu offers were very cost effective. I had the pork dumplings and the fried rice with shrimps. They were just OK. Wifi is available. I would return for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grosseto, Italy
“What a nice surprise!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stopped at this nice restaurant close to our hotel and weren't disappointed. The Martinis were very good and the service was friendly and attentive. We had the best egg noodles we ever had. Only the duck was an issue: I don't like to work on the food and asked if it was already chopped. The waitress say yes but wasn't not. Not a big problem in any case. I would dine once again if in the area.

Visited November 2013
minnesota
“Happy Hour was a great deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I sent my traveling companions off on a tour and spent the day on my own, mainly on the beach and exploring Waikiki. The Thai restaurant I was coveting only opens for lunch and dinner, and I was too late, so I just walked around looking for something special. Stumbled upon P.F. Chang's in the Royal Hawaiian center facing Lewer's Street and by then I was starving. It's hard for me to choose a meal when I'm so hungry, but when the waiter handed me the "happy hour" menu it was easy. The menu had appetizer sized portions of a number of delicious items priced from $3-6, so I ordered several and was absolutely pleased with them all. It was way too much food for one person, but somehow I managed to eat it all, and loved every bite. I won't miss P.F. Chang's the next time I visit Hawaii.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“Great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Happy hour is from 11.30 to 5.00 wine and beer is $5. The ribs, lettuce wraps, pork dumplings, and spring rolls are really good and ranged from $4 - $6 per entree. Nice place on beach walk. I would return for happy hour

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere