“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azure

Azure
2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
808-921-4600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Azure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Guttenberg, Iowa
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food was fabulous, the service was outstanding! I requested alternates and additions to the menu and they were more than compliant. I am very fussy about what and where I eat, and this experience was made memories!

Visited September 2012

Hawaii
“Delicious Dinner for Two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband took me here for our 'Date Night'... first time out in a long time without our two young boys. Located along the beach with a view of Diamond Head and beachgoers. We were seated inside and was welcomed by our server instantly. He provided us with the menu and provided lots of information/recommendations... and was a bit overwhelmed as I wanted to take in the scenery and ambience first. Earlier in the evening, there were couples with their young children there, but what did I expect in Waikiki? Service was excellent as he constantly came by to ask if everything was okay. Cocktails were excellent and a full size for $11... I had the house Collins... twice. We ordered the ahi/hamachi appetizer, clam appetizer and lobster soup... both appetizers were EXCELLENT and highly recommended. My husband had the Ahi steak and I had the seafood risotto... both were DELICIOUS. Every dish served to us was tasty, fresh and beautifully plated... probably one of the best seafoods I've had in a long time. Portions are perfect and I was actually to full too even have dessert and coffee (which I normally always do). It was a nice touch that they presented us with a flour-less chocolate dessert that said 'Congratulations' at the end of our wonderful meal. We spent about $200 for everything... food and drinks. Would highly recommend this place if you want quality food with your loved one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Chefs Tasting Menu!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

For our 35th Anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to Honolulu where he had proposed he made reservations at Azure for their chefs Tasting Menu with wine parings. Everything was excellent, the relaxing pace at which it was served and the artistic presentations. Its a splrge but well worth it! Also try the Mai Tais!

Visited August 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing Dinner - But Expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I don't mind the expense if it is truly a great experience, which ours was. We had the pleasure of eating at Azure and the service, food, and ambience were all just excellent.

My wife had the tasting menu and though my food melted in my mouth, I had bites of hers and for the money she got the best deal.

The wine list is quite extensive. This is a restaurant that caters to sophisticated palettes and those willing to spend the money for great wine, food and experiences.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“Beautiful setting, good but expensive food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The setting and view are terrific. Interesting menu -- the seafood salad was outstanding and other dishes tasty. Service was fine. It is expensive but I did not mind paying extra for the setting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere