“ONO massages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honua Therapeutic Massage

Honua Therapeutic Massage
Queen Kapiolani Hotel, 150 Kapahulu Ave. Suite 310, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
808-382-6565
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 69 Spas & Wellness in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Start relaxing in paradise with a massage in Waikiki. Honua Therapeutic Massage, a boutique spa studio (Single & Couples Treatments), is located in the Queen Kapiolani Hotel, directly across from the Honolulu Zoo. Offering a variety of massage techniques like Hawaiian Lomi lomi, Shiatsu, Thai Massage, Hot Stone, Deep Tissue, and more. Facials & Body Treatments are also available. Prices start at $65 for a 60 minute massage. All therapists have been in the spa industry for more than 5 years. Therapists are all very skilled and personable. English and Japanese speaking available.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Portland, Oregon
“ONO massages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I were booked for massages together the day after the Honolulu Marathon. After a bit of surprise in finding that Honua was essentially occupying a former hotel room at the Queen Kapiolani, we entered to find a very pleasant massage area and were treated to the BEST massages we have experienced. The lomi lomi, with hot rocks and deep tissue massage, was absolutely exquisite and very relaxing. Our only complaint was that our 90 minutes passed by so quickly -- we could have easily just laid there the rest of the morning! When we return to Waikiki, Honua is definitely at the top of our list to visit!

Visited December 2012

3 attraction reviews
“Best massage I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We've been doing a LOT of walking on our Hawaii holiday, so I was desperate for a good massage. I've had quite a few massages at home over the years and it can be hit and miss to find a good one. So, I did my research and checked all of the reviews to select a spot. Well, this paid off and I wasn't disappointed. Honua is based in the Queen Kapiolani hotel in a converted suite. The room is clean and beautifully fitted out in a kind of Balinese style. My masseuse today was Jorie and she was a genius. She used a fantastic mix of techniques for my Honua therapeutic massage (this was a great choice as I knew I wanted a firm massage to relieve my tense muscles). Not too a bad rate at $115 for 90 minutes. We're here for another two weeks, so I will definitely be returning and will go to no one else but Jorie. Thank you so much .. Feeling so relaxed and ready for more walking and sight seeing tomorrow!

“Honua massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had a 1 hour massage at Honua after getting off a 15 hour flight. My therapist was Yuko and she was excellent.
In fact, I have to say it was one of the best massages I have ever experienced. Yuko was very well trained and had a lovely manner. Most enjoyable !

Hackettstown, NJ
3 attraction reviews
“OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was one of the best massages of my life, and ironically I had no idea this place was here when I booked the Queen Kapiolani Hotel back in December!

The entry area is cramped, but inside the curtains the treatment area is spacious, pretty, clean and fragrant. Yuko gave me a 90-minute massage and the 30-minute sugar scrub, and really worked hard (and effectively) on both of them. Her hand movements were so fluid and thorough, at times it was hard to believe there was only one person working on me, not two! Then the other Yuko, who actually owns the business (and goes by the nickname "Luka") gave me a relaxing facial that left my skin glowingly pink and refreshed. Both women were extremely nice. When I mentioned I was a little chilly, Luka immediately turned off the AC and draped a a soft blanket over me .. ahh. Every body part was also treated to hot towels at one point or other during the treatments.

I paid half the price I would have paid at one of the big resort hotels and feel I got a much more intimate, above-average experience. Highly recommended. One tip: Bring earplugs to block out the traffic noise, then just ask Yuko to turn up the music a little so you can still hear it - worked perfectly.

Visited April 2012
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The room was clean and smelled great! very comfortable setting.i got the lomi pohaku that's like the lomi lomi but adds hot stones! The lady was amazing! This was the very best way to end our vacation :-)