Overall I was pleased with The Cabana. Location was great and the room was spacious, quiet and clean. However, on the second night I inadvertantly locked myself out of my room. Coincidentally, about the same time the guest in the room adjacent to mine was unable to enter her room because her card key had somehow been de-magnetized. The problem was that all this occurred around 6:30 p.m. and the office staff leave the property at 5 p.m. You are basically left to your own devices after 5 p.m. We tried the white phone in the parking area to dial their after hours number, but the phone did not work. We dialed using a cell phone but the call went directly to their voice mail. We also called the 800 number for the properties security company and also got a voice mail. We were never able to get a live person. As it was getting dark and my neighbor had her toddler in tow, and we were unable to get ahold of property personnel, we decided to disassemble a window pane to gain access to our rooms. This eventually got us in, however I did end up suffering a serious cut to my index finger. Property personnel eventually showed up and everything was settled. Again, I was pleased with the property but being unable to contact a property manager after hours in the event of an emergency is a big concern.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Cabana at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cabana At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Cabana At Waikiki Honolulu
- Cabana At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Cabana At Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu