“Restful and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

2551 Cartwright Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
South San Francisco, California
“Restful and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have visited Waikiki several times and stayed at the major hotels.... My stay at the Cabana was the most restful and relaxed visit ever. The reviews list here prompted me to check the place out. I spent 12 days in Waikiki on business and found the Cabana to be my “home away from home". The location was perfect. The property is gated and secure. There are several places to eat, get coffee and a local grocery store (The Food Pantry) within walking distance. The suite was clean and well appointed with a full kitchen and separate bedroom. Public transportation was within ½ a block. The staff was friendly and courteous.

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone that is interested in affordable, quality accommodations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

TripAdvisor folks steered me to this place, and once again you have not let me down!

The Cabanas are:
- Close to the beach, but not near the craziness down by the mega-hotels and international marketplace. You can walk to tons of shopping, restaurants, parks, tennis courts - you name it!
- Quiet
- Clean
- Safe
- Perfect for independent travelers

The Cabanas are not:
- A place where the concierge takes care of everything
- A pool scene
- A bar scene

For my husband and me, it was perfect. The price point can't be beat. The suite is large, nicely decorated, and I loved the small touches like iPod dock and nice soaps/shampoos. The staff is terrific - helped with delivery of our luggage (which didn't make it on our flight), got us beach mats and a hair dryer, and really seemed happy to help.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Had a nice stay here. Was disappointed that the wireless internet wasn't working-- so I was unable to work. However, I'd stay here again. I was frightened at first from the outside appearance, as I'm used to staying in 5 star hotels. Read the reviews and thought, why not give it a try.

I was able to meet other nice people. Loved being able to walk to Hulas. Staff was really nice. I would totally stay here again. It is totally worth it for the price. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

A coveted two week stay in paradise. The staff was kind, helpful and patient throughout our stay. The room was well appointed with all the comforts of home, including a proper kitchen. Centrally located on a quiet street, very close to the beach, shopping and bus routes. From the initial booking through check in and departure, the staff were courteous and embraced the true Hawaiian spirit of hospitality.

We have been vacationing in Hawaii for over 40 years and this simply was the best accommodation we have ever experienced. The attention to detail given by this boutique hotel was very much appreciated, a genuine positive attitude and pleasant smile sometimes is hard to find these days – Miho and her staff have no shortage of both attributes. Our expectations were surpassed on a daily basis; we would never consider staying anywhere else in Honolulu. Very highly recommended. A well deserved five star rating from this senior couple.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent a week at the Cabanas and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and helped us get a rental car for a few days. The location is great. The rooms were clean, with a nice bathroom, great king bed, and large living area. The kitchen would have come in handy if we wanted to take the time to cook. We used the fridge in the room all the time for water and beverages. I've stayed in several chain hotels in Waikiki and they were okay, but I would choose to stay at the Cabanas first.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Things could not have been nicer. Miho the Manager was terrific as was our housekeeper Janet- Mahalo! I found my vintage Hawaiian Shirt Janet!!
Crystal the weekend gal was also very helpful and friendly. Our room had been upgraded upon arrival.Nice island decor with interesting artwork.
Full kitchen, King Bed, roomy bath, closet space and Internet.
Located on a one-way street, the Cabana was secluded and private.
The Cabana is close to the beach, shops, restaurants, Kanapoli Park, Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Ali Wai- which by the way is a great spot for a morning walk. Everything was perfect. The Cabana was totally neat and clean.
Quaint, familiar & friendly.
We have stayed at large hotels and condominiums the many times we have travelled to Honolulu, Hawaii but this small beauty- The Cabana, beat them all!
We came to celebrate our 25th Anniversary- a special celebration at a special place!
Rob & Tom
Orillia, Ontario Canada

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

The Cabana is one of the best places to stay in Waikiki. The service there is fantastic especially by the manager, Miho, who was friendly and knowledgable about where to go and what to do.

The rooms are quite spacious and include everything you need. As other people have said whilst this isnt a resort and there is no pool, your just a 5min walk from Waikiki beach which more than makes up for this fact.

When im next in Hawaii I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Cabana at Waikiki? Share your experiences!