“Excellent value, great if you want to go to Hulas and the beach...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cabana at Waikiki

Save Saved
You added The Cabana at Waikiki to your Saves list
The Cabana at Waikiki
2551 Cartwright Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent value, great if you want to go to Hulas and the beach...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Had a nice stay here. Was disappointed that the wireless internet wasn't working-- so I was unable to work. However, I'd stay here again. I was frightened at first from the outside appearance, as I'm used to staying in 5 star hotels. Read the reviews and thought, why not give it a try.

I was able to meet other nice people. Loved being able to walk to Hulas. Staff was really nice. I would totally stay here again. It is totally worth it for the price. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

A coveted two week stay in paradise. The staff was kind, helpful and patient throughout our stay. The room was well appointed with all the comforts of home, including a proper kitchen. Centrally located on a quiet street, very close to the beach, shopping and bus routes. From the initial booking through check in and departure, the staff were courteous and embraced the true Hawaiian spirit of hospitality.

We have been vacationing in Hawaii for over 40 years and this simply was the best accommodation we have ever experienced. The attention to detail given by this boutique hotel was very much appreciated, a genuine positive attitude and pleasant smile sometimes is hard to find these days – Miho and her staff have no shortage of both attributes. Our expectations were surpassed on a daily basis; we would never consider staying anywhere else in Honolulu. Very highly recommended. A well deserved five star rating from this senior couple.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent a week at the Cabanas and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and helped us get a rental car for a few days. The location is great. The rooms were clean, with a nice bathroom, great king bed, and large living area. The kitchen would have come in handy if we wanted to take the time to cook. We used the fridge in the room all the time for water and beverages. I've stayed in several chain hotels in Waikiki and they were okay, but I would choose to stay at the Cabanas first.

Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Things could not have been nicer. Miho the Manager was terrific as was our housekeeper Janet- Mahalo! I found my vintage Hawaiian Shirt Janet!!
Crystal the weekend gal was also very helpful and friendly. Our room had been upgraded upon arrival.Nice island decor with interesting artwork.
Full kitchen, King Bed, roomy bath, closet space and Internet.
Located on a one-way street, the Cabana was secluded and private.
The Cabana is close to the beach, shops, restaurants, Kanapoli Park, Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Ali Wai- which by the way is a great spot for a morning walk. Everything was perfect. The Cabana was totally neat and clean.
Quaint, familiar & friendly.
We have stayed at large hotels and condominiums the many times we have travelled to Honolulu, Hawaii but this small beauty- The Cabana, beat them all!
We came to celebrate our 25th Anniversary- a special celebration at a special place!
Rob & Tom
Orillia, Ontario Canada

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

The Cabana is one of the best places to stay in Waikiki. The service there is fantastic especially by the manager, Miho, who was friendly and knowledgable about where to go and what to do.

The rooms are quite spacious and include everything you need. As other people have said whilst this isnt a resort and there is no pool, your just a 5min walk from Waikiki beach which more than makes up for this fact.

When im next in Hawaii I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Highly recommended , freindly staff, above and beyond transportation, close to beach and zoo and nice gay bar. Will stay ther again.

Michigander stuck in Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We've stayed at a variety of places around Honolulu and I can confidently say this is the best value we've found. Sure, you can pay double or triple and stay at a big name hotel that has a pool, but we don't go to Hawaii to swim in pools - and with only a 2 or 3 minute walk to the beach this really met our needs. The stove, microwave, and refrigerator increased the value! We have a 5yr old and a 3 yr old, and every other vacation one of them falls out of a hotel bed. This time I felt safe...The couch/daybed has a trundle bed underneath it and my boys thought it was was like having a vacation version of bunk beds. Parking is limited but only $10 per day - and it's in a locked, gated area under the rooms (street level). We were given beach towels at check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was especially comfy. Coconut Lime Verbena soap/shampoo in the bathroom (sorry, but I enjoy the little pleasures!). Public washer/dryer available (guests only). The exterior isn't much to look at, but I was very pleased the second I opened the door to the room. We were flying stand-by and uncertain about our chances of catching a flight out...Miho was exceptionally helpful and arranged a back-up plan in case we didn't make it out the day we planned. If you're an airline employee you'll understand how valuable this is! We felt very safe with multiple locked gates (keycard access). The location was very quite - didn't even hear garbage trucks in the morning! The 3 employees we interacted with were very friendly. I've already recommended the location to friends, and my husband & I definately plan to stay here again when headed to Waikiki! Previous reviews referred to this place as a "hidden gem" and I couldn't agree more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Cabana at Waikiki? Share your experiences!