“The Cabana is so perfect, I hate to comment because everyone will want to stay there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cabana at Waikiki

Save Saved
You added The Cabana at Waikiki to your Saves list
The Cabana at Waikiki
2551 Cartwright Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Things could not have been nicer. Miho the Manager was terrific as was our housekeeper Janet- Mahalo! I found my vintage Hawaiian Shirt Janet!!
Crystal the weekend gal was also very helpful and friendly. Our room had been upgraded upon arrival.Nice island decor with interesting artwork.
Full kitchen, King Bed, roomy bath, closet space and Internet.
Located on a one-way street, the Cabana was secluded and private.
The Cabana is close to the beach, shops, restaurants, Kanapoli Park, Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Ali Wai- which by the way is a great spot for a morning walk. Everything was perfect. The Cabana was totally neat and clean.
Quaint, familiar & friendly.
We have stayed at large hotels and condominiums the many times we have travelled to Honolulu, Hawaii but this small beauty- The Cabana, beat them all!
We came to celebrate our 25th Anniversary- a special celebration at a special place!
Rob & Tom
Orillia, Ontario Canada

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

The Cabana is one of the best places to stay in Waikiki. The service there is fantastic especially by the manager, Miho, who was friendly and knowledgable about where to go and what to do.

The rooms are quite spacious and include everything you need. As other people have said whilst this isnt a resort and there is no pool, your just a 5min walk from Waikiki beach which more than makes up for this fact.

When im next in Hawaii I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Highly recommended , freindly staff, above and beyond transportation, close to beach and zoo and nice gay bar. Will stay ther again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigander stuck in Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We've stayed at a variety of places around Honolulu and I can confidently say this is the best value we've found. Sure, you can pay double or triple and stay at a big name hotel that has a pool, but we don't go to Hawaii to swim in pools - and with only a 2 or 3 minute walk to the beach this really met our needs. The stove, microwave, and refrigerator increased the value! We have a 5yr old and a 3 yr old, and every other vacation one of them falls out of a hotel bed. This time I felt safe...The couch/daybed has a trundle bed underneath it and my boys thought it was was like having a vacation version of bunk beds. Parking is limited but only $10 per day - and it's in a locked, gated area under the rooms (street level). We were given beach towels at check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was especially comfy. Coconut Lime Verbena soap/shampoo in the bathroom (sorry, but I enjoy the little pleasures!). Public washer/dryer available (guests only). The exterior isn't much to look at, but I was very pleased the second I opened the door to the room. We were flying stand-by and uncertain about our chances of catching a flight out...Miho was exceptionally helpful and arranged a back-up plan in case we didn't make it out the day we planned. If you're an airline employee you'll understand how valuable this is! We felt very safe with multiple locked gates (keycard access). The location was very quite - didn't even hear garbage trucks in the morning! The 3 employees we interacted with were very friendly. I've already recommended the location to friends, and my husband & I definately plan to stay here again when headed to Waikiki! Previous reviews referred to this place as a "hidden gem" and I couldn't agree more.

Corona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My partner and I spent 9 days at the Waikiki Cabana and had a GREAT time. The staff, especially Mrs. Miho Kamanao-Espiritu, made us feel SO welcome. Every morning we'd go downstairs and she'd always have a cheery smile on her face. In fact, her helpfulness made the difference on our Hawaii trip. She answered all our questions, even giving tips and recommendations for out-of-the way things to do, favorite beaches and places preferred by the "locals." Any time we needed reservations, such as on a whale watching cruise, dinner restaurants, or even a tour at the Iolani Palace, she got them for us. Our suite was comprised of a bedroom and a living room with a trundle bed with a full kitchen to boot! We saved money by cooking breakfast in our kitchen every morning. Our beds was VERY comfortable and our room was extremely clean. The Cabana hotel is only a block from shopping on Kalakaua Blvd. and a block and a half from world famous Waikiki Beach. Our bedroom also had a sliding glass door that opened up onto a balcony/lanai. In my opinion, this is perhaps THE BEST value you can get in Waikiki. For the price, you're not going to get a view of the ocean, but you will get a clean, very comfortable room with a living room and kitchenette in a very accessible Waikiki location, as well as low-priced gated parking in the garage below for an excellent price. Are we going back? You BET we are!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

The Cabana Waikiki is a great place to stay. It is clean, affordable, safe, quiet, and has a very customer service oriented philosophy. Our family all raved about how nice it was to stay in a place that was close to the beach and had all of the fun of Waikiki, but is tucked away a block and a half off of the main beach road. The property was was safe and secure, the wonderful staff were very friendly and accomodating, and the suite was very clean. All of this for an affordable cost. Loved the experience! Vacationer from Wisconsin.

tnunes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Miho helped me track my lost luggage and visa card on my 1st day in hawaii. My holiday would've been ruined without these items. Miho help me and called the airline which save me a lot of grief. The housekeeper also noticed that I enjoy drinking coffee and left me with extra. The service and cleanliness of the room will bring us back next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Cabana at Waikiki? Share your experiences!