We recently booked a 10 night stay at the Cabana based on the numerous positive reviews on Tripadvisor. To put it our experience in a nutshell, the stay was underwhelming enough that we only stayed 1 night and moved to a different hotel for the rest of our stay. This is not to say there weren't any positives, but for a longer stay, the accommodations were not suitable for what we wanted for a pleasant holiday. Fortunately, the lady, Yuliya who was handling the vacation rental had other properties in the rental pool and she did her best to move us. We ended moving to the Trump Waikiki (obviously at a significantly increased cost) but were happy we did.
Here are the positives:
- Reasonably spacious for a couple, but a little small for our needs (we have two sons under the age of 6).
- Quite reasonable from a cost perspective
- Location is convenient if you want to be close to the Zoo side of Waikiki
Here are the downsides:
- bathroom tub area is full of mildew
- door that separated living area from bedroom area was not functioning
- bright light outside the window area and the blinds did not block enough light -- my kids were kept awake by the light
- noisy A/C
- fair bit of street noise (exterior access door and single pane windows).
- although the suite with the pullout couch can sleep 4, there isn't enough dining space to seat 4.
- Also Known As:
- The Cabana At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Cabana At Waikiki Honolulu
- Cabana At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Cabana At Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu