“Ewa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Bend, Oregon
“Ewa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ewa Hotel in Waikiki....it is an older property but it was immaculately clean, and the housekeepers were super friendly and helpful..the only problem, no pool, but you are 1 block from the beach..also you are across the street from the Marriott which has numerous shops, so the location is superb......i thought it was great for the price, though the next time I go I will get a larger room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Aloha Mimi C,

Thank you for your comments about our housekeepers. I will be sure to pass the comments along to them and I am sure that they will be thrilled. Hope you visit us soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Van Alstyne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The place was in a great location. Rooms were fine for the price. Nothing fancy but slept well in beds. Could use some updating. Front Desk staff were great. Pointed us to fine dining establishments and entertainment. Rented scooters and drove to see downtown Honolulu and Diamond Head.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Aloha mjctex,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are in a perfect location. :-) Currently, we are slowly updating and refreshing our rooms. It is a slow process as we are now heading into the holiday season but hopefully will be done by your next visit!

Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this smaller hotel recently and we enjoyed it. Although not fancy, it is clean, affordable, comfortable beds and the staff is very friendly - especially John at the front desk. Michelle, the senior housekeeping staff sees to it that the maids do their job. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is very close to the beach - about a 2 miniute walk. It is also down at the quieter end of Waikiki Beach closer to Diamond Head. Still, plenty of hotels, restaurants and shops very nearby. We would definitely stay here again as it is affordable and you can even get a room witrh a kitchenette so that you can save money on eating out all the time if you so choose. My only negative comment is that it could use some renovations however some have already begun such as new carpeting - so hopefully they will continue upgrading some things such as the doors and some new wallcoverings. If you can overlook these things , which I'm sure they will get to, you will find it comfortable. Also it has a great roof top patio with a view of the ocean in between the surrounding tall buildings. We felt safe here as there is good security and the parking lot is patrolled. All in all a comfortable place to stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Aloha Zoedog46,

Mahalo Nui Loa for your great review. One of the best things about this property is that we are situated at what I like to call "the quiet end of Waikiki." :-) We are in the process of refurbishing and refreshing the property so hopefully when you come back, you'll see a very big improvement. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Jon and Michele and I'm sure they will be very happy to hear that they've made your vacation enjoyable.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Im not a hotel snob. Meaning i don't have to have egyptient cotton sheets and granite in the bathroom. All I need is cleanliness and affordability. Ewa hotel had all of these. I had a room with two twin beds with a kitchen/mini stove/refridgerator. Even though the beds were twins they were a lot more comfortable that where we stayed 5 nights previously (turtle beach hotel).
The hotel needs updating and there were lots of scrapes, dents and such in the walls. our outlet in the bathroom didn't work, but we made due. And come on now, how much are you really in your rooms while in Hawaii. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no safe in your room. however at the reception desk they had one in which they gave me the key too. the clerks stated that they do have them on order for all the rooms though. I paid $10 per day to park, but you can park for free next door at the zoo. The location was prime and Im really glad I stayed at Ewa hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Thanks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Tera4105,

Thank you so much for your great review of the property! We are currently in the process of purchasing new in-room safes and currently refreshing the guest rooms so hopefully by the time you visit us again, we would have that in place and those dents and scrapes have been fixed!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just returned from a whole week stay at this hotel in Honolulu. It is in the western side of Waikiki, close to the zoo. My hubby calls it the "back-alley" hotel as the entrance appears to be in an alley...nothing too pretty about it and seems to be in need of some upgrades (wall paper!) but definitely good value. It is very close to the beach, trolley stops for all 3 lines, restaraunts, fast food. Room was very clean and suprisingly pretty big. I was also surprised that it had a mini kichenette with a fridge, stove, sink and even dishes and cutlery! Definitely a place to brings kids. I am a little disappointed that wi-fi is not included...I would have liked it to plan for places to eat and rent a car, etc. Carpet was clean and relatively new, bed was very comfy but the wall paper needs to be replaced. Super friendly staff, who was available 24 hours and very helpful. Nothing fancy like a pool or restaurants or work-out gym but that's how they can keep the place price low. Overall ery positive experience and would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha YD01,

Mahalo for your review! We are currently refreshing all of our guest rooms so hopefully when you come back and visit us, we are better and definitely brighter! Aloha again!

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I just returned from Honolulu and stayed at the Ewa for the first time. I enjoyed my week stay in September, 2012. The hotel itself is close to the beach for the surfers and swimmers. It is quiet and off the beaten track but close enough to the trolley stop to make it a great location. My room was very clean, but in need of a bit of paint and a door replacement for the bathroom. The hotel location is very quiet, and with the exception of noisy neighbors who I could hear talking clearly through the adjoining room door, until the wee hours one night, I had no complaints about the exterior hotel noise. The housekeeping staff are terrific but they started very early each morning vacuuming, which did not allow for sleeping in, so if you are an early riser, this would not be an issue. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for good value for a nice room with a kitchenette (two burners, a sink & fridge). No microwaves in the room though for reheating. They are available for an additional cost if you request one. The non stick frying pan was pretty rough but otherwise, a good set up. Bring your own spices & condiments, and ziplocks and you'd be good to go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aloha Runbambi,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are actually currently in the process of putting in microwaves in all of our Studio units (microwaves are already standard in our 1-bedroom units) and upgrading our cookwares slowly. Maybe the next time you visit us, this will be done!

I will definitely share your comments with the staff and I am sure they will be delighted!

Mason, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel has the basic amenities that you need and is very close to the ocean. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful, taking time to give advice on sightseeing opportunities that went beyond the standard places. While replacing the locks on the doors, they provided security on each floor. They also provided lock boxes for valuables, because the safes in the rooms are to be replaced soon. The hotel posts quiet hours, and I slept very well without interruption or noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer B, Manager at Ewa Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Aloha pianist12,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit ot O`ahu and Waikiki. I will definitely share your comments with the staff. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Ewa Hotel? Share your experiences!