“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort

You added Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2335 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2941 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Best Available Rate
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel and as per our first stay all staff we came in contact with were friendly and pleasant. We stayed in both an ocean view room, which was rather spacious (as far as hotel rooms go) and a deluxe ocean view room, which had excellent ocean views even from the bed! Balcony was larger and rather private in comparison to ocean view room, however, the room itself was smaller due to jacuzzi. This hotel is situated in the perfect location, close to good restaurants (Dukes, Hula grill & Cheesecake Factory) and plenty of shops. The Beachwalk is also within a short walking distance. For the energetic you can even walk to Ala Moana shopping centre, which only takes around 25 to 30 minutes. We will definitely stay here again - soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
OWKM, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Aloha limegreencoco,

Thank you for a descriptive review. We are glad that you opted for the upgrade and stayed in our Deluxe Oceanfront room with a Jacuzzi. Those are a big hit especially when it is time to relax after a long day of activities. We look forward to your next visit.

Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Coffs Harbour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

It was a great place to stay. Everything we wated in a hotel. This was our third trip to Hawaii and this wa the best hotel we stayed in. Room was nice and cleaned everyday staff were friendly and helpful. Dukes restaurant was fantastic and the staff there were really nice. We will be back in two years as this is our holiday destination. We live in NSW at Coffs Harbour and it just reminded us of home. Will recommend this place to all our friends as a great place to stay. WELL DONE STAFF AND OUTRIGGER.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Aloha monkeybum5,

As they say third times a charm. Thank you for your great review. We will do our best to keep you coming back to your home away from home.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We chose the Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach over other hotels specifically for its Wedding Vow Renewal services. We were sorely disappointed in those services and wish we would have gone to the Ala Moana Hotel instead to celebrate our special occasion. This was our very first trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I made my room reservations several months ahead of time and then spoke with Guest Services to get information on how we could register for the vow renewal ceremony. I sent an email and made 2 phone calls weeks before our arrival to ensure we got registered. However, when we checked in at the hotel on Sept. 2, 2010 we were told we were not on the list for the ceremony. They said they would add us to the list for the ceremony which was occurring the next morning. We were totally shocked and embarrassed when at the time of the ceremony; again we were not on the registration list. They graciously allowed us to participate, but didn't have a Vow Renewal Certificate ready for us. They had someone quickly make one, but low and behold, our name was spelled incorrectly and they had to do it over. This was a total fiasco. When I brought the complaint to the Guest Services Manager's attention, I provided the email I had sent and the dates of the phone calls. The reply I received stated, "After researching, I have located your email sent to our Guest Services team member, unfortunately your email was filtered as a spam email and never opened because of this. In speaking with our Guest Services team members, they do not recall arranging or confirming a vow renewal service for September 3, 2010, via phone." What a lousy excuse - they don't remember my 3 phone calls and my email was sent to Spam. This is not the service I expect from a luxury hotel that costs over $200 a night. I could not in good conscience recommend them or their services to anyone especially if you're celebrating a "special occasion."

Aloha joankutcha,

Please accept our apologies for the events that have occurred prior to your stay. We will look into a better way for our guests to enjoy our complimentary services. Our Vow Renewals in addition to our location and services are great benefits that Outrigger has to offer. Thank you for your comments as it will help us provide better service to our guests.

glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Having been fortunate enough to stay at Hotels in Europe, The US, Asia and Australia in the last year I would say, comparing those, that this hotel merits a three star overall.

The good points are that the staff are all very plaesant, the hotel is very handy for all the shops in the area and you are right on the beach.

The room has tean and coffee making facilities, cable TV, and is large, ours was number 1232 whichhad a side sea view.
The bath enamel was peeling and could have been doing with a refurbishment. The hotel has internet which you can pay for in the lobby, $1 for 5 minutes ansd also offer complimentary local newspapers in the lobby.

The bar in the Hotel, The Barefoot at Dukes has a crazy system whereby if you go to the bar to buy a drink , and your other half has taken a seat, thats all they will sell you, 1 drink even if your wife/partner is seated at a table nearby they will only serve you 1 drink unless your partner is standing at your side?? There is table service, if you can find an empty table! If your face fits you will get served quickliy, we witnessed the young staff serve others who had just arrived even though we had been seated for ages.....!

Buffet Breakfast is around $15 per person, if you go make sure you fill yourself up!

We went to Pearl Harbour which the Hotel was charging $34 each person for as part of a guided tour, however we spent $5 in total to go using the local bus service which takes you straight there and back for $2.50 return so beware of the costs.

Overall I wouldn't return to Hawaii as there are equally as nice, if not nicer, places to visit near the UK, the Maldives for example, however it was nice to visit but not exceptional in any way.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
OWKM, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Aloha iainb,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing and where we need to improve. We are glad that our staff was friendly and you were able to take advantage of our location. As for the facilities we are entering a very aggressive rehabilitation for our rooms which we will also be changing out our cabinets and changing over to flat screen TVs. We are glad you were able to use our city’s great public transportation system. The tips you laid out will be very helpful other guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

It was a pleasure to stay at the Outrigger Waikiki after a few nights at the Outrigger Reef. For the first time in my many journeys, I stayed in an Ocean Front room! What an experience!! The Outrigger staff, begining with the General Manager helped make our Hawaii stay special. They represent the best part of what a "family" hosting friends/guest can be. The spirit of Hawaii was definately part of the experience. Overlooking Dukes restaurant and the ocean was a treat. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Aloha travel_concierge_age,

Our Ocean front room views are amazing we are happy to hear that you had a good experience not only from the room but also the staff. We can’t wait for you to come back.

waikiki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband decided to surprise me for my birthday with a weekend getaway at the outrigger beach hotel. Getting to the hotel in traffic was the only obstacle, after we arrived we were quickly checked in and I was whisked off to the Penthouse for a day of spa treatments, it was truly wonderful. The receptionist greeted me by my first name upon arrival and wished me a Happy Birthday which was very nice. All the services I received & therapists were absolutely wonderful and i was even served lunch! My only regret is that I cant treat myself more often! I highly recommend the Plantation Spa, and the hotel were everyone made us feel so welcome!

Aloha WaikikiHawaii5_0

Happy Belated birthday! Thank you for celebrating your special day with us. We hope that it will become a yearly tradition for you. We hope to see you next year.

Mahalo,

Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Nice hotel, beautiful location. When I made my reservation they quoted me $169.00 a night, and when I checked out they charged me considerably more a night and told me I had asked for a "Partial View". The front desk manager would not work with me. I requested that the corporate office contact me and no one followed through

• Stayed August 2010
OWKM, Guest Relations Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Aloha Vacationeer52,

Upon reading your review it seems that you opted for an upgrade to a partial ocean view from a city view that is why your rate went up. Due to the high demand of higher categories there would be charges for any upgrades. Discounted upgrades are offered by our staff when guests checks in. We apologize if there was any misunderstanding during your stay.

Outrigger Waikiki On the Beach

Been to Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!