“Just AMAZING!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach

Save Saved
You added Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach to your Saves list
Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2335 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2941 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Use Promo Code & Save Now
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Newcastle, Australia
“Just AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was in Waikiki for 3 weeks and stayed at the outrigger. It was the most beautiful place on this planet and the location is just simply amazing, you step one foot out of the hotel and your on the beach. The vibe and atmosphere was the best feeling in the world. So In front of the hotel you have the Main Street of Waikiki with The International Marketplace across the road and shops everywhere that goes for miles and miles. If you are looking for a quiet layedback area this is not for you. This place is so so busy there is always people everywhere you go, it's always busy even up until midnight -1am!! It was just perfect for us, so much to do. The weather was perfect every single day, temps from 26-40 degrees Celsius, just the way I like it

Overall the best holiday I have ever been on and is worth doing. Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor in a Queen City view room( you still get ocean views). I had no complaints...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Aloha Kirsty W. Thank you very much for your 5-star rating of the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are honored to read your comment that this is the best holiday you have ever been on. Waikiki is truly a fantastic destination for warm weather, relaxing beaches and a myriad of exciting activities to fill everyday of a long vacation with. Your satisfaction and desire to return is our greatest compliment. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oxnard, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed, and there are many. We were hear for 3 days, just a short stay in Honolulu after a week in Maui. The location was so good that we never left Waikiki. The beach access is unrivaled. The actual pool is small but appropriate for kids (that we don't have) and a quick dip to cool off.
The staff was 100% courteous and helpful from the general manager who handled a relatively small problem we had to my total satisfaction, to the housekeepers who promptly delivered extra coffee at our request, to the bellman that help us wrestle in a surf board.
We splurged on the Deluxe ocean front room and were so pleased with everything. It is the little touches that separate the great hotels from the merely good ones. I have struggled with electronic key card in the past, these work (you can swim and surf with them) and also control the elevator easily. There are cute and handy products in the bathroom, shaving kits, dental kits and generous shampoos, etc.
We enjoyed being on top of Dukes and the Hula Grill. They warrant their own review.
We were on the 2nd floor and went to sleep at night to the live music of Dukes and the sounds of the surf. If the noise had bothered me I would have requested a higher floor but it was not disturbing and ends at midnight. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We loved our ocean front room. Eat at Dukes for the breakfast buffet. Dukes also has complementary c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Aloha KristiKN. Thank you for sharing your ultimate Waikiki experience on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to her that you had a wonderful time during your short stay with us. Your compliments about our staff and General Manager are truly appreciated. While we are located on the best section of Waikiki beach and we offer comfortable, upgraded accommodations, it is our service with Aloha that continues to bring guests back for future visits. We hope to welcome you back for many stays in the near future. Mahalo Nui Loa.
Novato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Ok, it's not the Ritz, but then it doesn't pretend to be. What it is, is right on the beach, right in the middle of Waikiki and right on! Dukes and Hula Grill downstairs so food is never an issue. We have a suite looking right at Diamond Head. Comfortable beds, clean and no complaints... There's really only 3 hotels right on the beach... Surfrider, Outrigger and Royal Hawaiian... Everywhere else you either have to cross the street or walk to our back yard. Brought our 15 yo with her friend. They had plenty to keep them occupied with surfing, lounging, pool and chilling at the beach. Even without the kids, would seriously consider coming back here again. I remember this place 30 years ago and would never have stayed here. It was kinda low-rent. But not now! Everything is new and updated and did I mention... right in the middle of Waikiki Beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Aloha KenF150. Thank you for spending your family vacation at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. It is always a great pleasure to read a positive review from some very happy campers. Our hotel has been centrally located on Waikiki beach since 1967. Over the years, we have gone through several major renovations and we have just completed our most recent one this year. We are now proud to offer all of our valued guests a comfortable and luxurious stay on the best stretch of beachfront property in Waikiki. Mahalo Nui Loa.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed 8 nights from 14 to 22 June 2013. On arrival after an overnight flight we arrived at around 9am and we were greeted by very pleasant front desk staff and we're estatic that our room was ready, which was an ocean front spar room on the 16th floor. The room and hotel was great, until our third day. My partner and I were down at the pool area and I suddenly felt sick. I went up to our room to use our bathroom, when I saw the maid service had our room door open. As I walked into the hallway I heard the bathroom door close, then I heard someone (graphically) going to the toilet. After a few minutes, out came the housemaid, who when she saw me was very shocked. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to leave her alone in the room so, stayed outside on the balcony while she cleaned the room. When she left, I still really need to use the bathroom, so cleaned the toilet again myself. I felt totally violated.

I later made a complaint to the on duty manager, he was apologetic, and handed me a couple of breakfast vouchers to smooth me over ( I don't eat breakfast), but I'm sorry but I totally felt betrayed and lost all trust in this hotel and it's staff. What else are their staff up to when your not in your hotel room. Every day after that, I dreaded leaving our room and to add insult, had to pass this housemaid in the hallway of the 16th floor every day and I cleaned my toilet very day myself, as I didn't trust who could have been using the facilities.

We saved a very long time to book and pay for this hotel room. I have been to Waikiki 10 times and always stayed at clean budget hotels and never had anything like this happen. It totally ruined my vacation experience with this hotel, which is supposed to be one of the best hotels in Waikiki. As far as i am concerned the management did not do enough to make this situation better (no follow up by any form of management). If you want to be violated and your trust betrayed, stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha HawaiiRee. Thank you for spending 8 nights at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. It is good to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your partner with an early check-in on your day of arrival. We are also delighted that you were happy with your oceanfront room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience with our Housekeeping employee. It is a violation of hotel policy for employees to utilize toilet facilities in occupied guest rooms. Please be assured that your complaint has been thoroughly documented by the Manager-on-Duty. In addition, the entire Housekeeping department has been briefed about our strict policy. We regret that there were disappointments during your stay and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust in the future. Mahalo Nui Loa.
melb.australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

best place to be if u can't afford the Pink Palace or Halekalaini
Get a view of the surf and keep an eye on the action,just upstairs from
Dukes, one of the coolest wet bars in waikiki.
Rooms being renovated , so make sure u keep clear of that pesky angle grinder.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aloha jogonMelb_australia. Thank you for staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach during your family holiday in Hawai`i. We are happy to announce that since your visit in 2012, our hotel has completed all renovations. We are proud to showcase 524 newly refurbished guest rooms, a remodeled saltwater swimming pool and expanded pooldeck. Please come back to see our many beautiful upgrades. Mahalo Nui Loa.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the most wonderful stay at Outrigger Waikiki on the beach. Room 726 an Ocean View room. Just the most awesome view of Waikiki beach. Wonderful, helpful, happy Staff at the Outrigger. Great restaurants, live music. The best beach lounges in Waikiki. Cannot wait to go back again. Outrigger on the Beach Waikiki is in the best position. The hotel had been beautifully refurbished in its original style. It is situated between the next two best hotels in Waikiki. Just an awesome holiday. I will never forget it. We are already planning our next return to this Outrigger. PS this Hotel is actually right on the sand at Waikiki (not across the road) as are most Hotels in Australia!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. If you want the best experience and memories, save a little longer and p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Ann L. Thank you for sharing your experience of the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are delighted to hear that you had an awesome holiday. Mahalo for your compliments about our staff, restaurants, lounges and location. Please come back for another memorable stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Outrigger Waikiki on the beach was perfectly located. Initially had booked an ocean view room but was disappointed as the view was only partial. Upgraded to a deluxe ocean view room which gave a much improved view of the beach. The staff were friendly, the rooms clean and it was only a lift ride and a few metres to the beach which was stunning. Loved the convenience of Dukes downstairs for breakfast daily, lunch and dinner. Ideal location. Would go back again tomorrow.

Room Tip: Definitely go for deluxe ocean view room if you want decent view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach? Share your experiences!