“Christmas 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu, United States
“Christmas 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Grand Waikikian is an outstanding vacation resort offering amazing and enjoyable amenities which would please the most discriminating and pickiest guest. The full kitchen is fully equipped to accommodate the 6-person capacity of the two-bedroom suite. The two bathrooms were very clean and equipped with ultra modern showering and toilet apparatus. The entertainment equipment in all rooms were outstanding. The air conditioning system with its digital controls kept my family cool during the warm winter days of Christmas Eve and Day. Bravo Zulu!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and 1st time in this tower. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a city view. The room was nicely decorated and had most of the comforts of home. The unit had a washer and dryer in the closet, which made doing laundry very convenient. The overall property is beautiful and scenic with multiple restaurants and shops. I recommend heading across the street for breakfast at the Wailana Coffee House for a reasonably priced breakfast. The Tropics Bar and Grill on the property has and excellent view and live music in the evening (not sure of the exact nights). The paradise pool is great for toddlers one older children. Parking is quite expensive and we rarely rent a car when in Honolulu. A few bus stops are pretty close to the property and fairly inexpensive.

Haiku, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very nice modern rooms with a lot of space and nice amenities. The tower is beautiful and extremely clean and well maintained. As for the whole property, it is massive and can be a bit overwhelming at times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Partial ocean view on the 22nd floor. I'm can only see the ocean if I stick my head over the balcony . I should have paid for city view. Rooms are nice and spacious. I stayed in a one bedroom suite. Washer and dryer in the room came in handy. The hotel is based on a busy road so thankfully the doors and windows are double glazed. It's actually very quiet. Forget the pool. Over Xmas period there were no seats by the pool and no room in the pool.. Waikiki beach was fine. Ala moana is a leisurely 10 minute walk. Check in was a breeze. I will be staying here again .

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fox Island, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a very nice place to spend a vacation if you are interested in seeing the city. Most places of interest are within walking distance. Places a bit farter away are easily visited using public transportation (only 2.50) or by taking a tour which the hotel will help you arrange.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Waikikian as part of a Hilton trip (i.e. not timeshare). The units were clean, and pretty good at keeping noise out from the other rooms around us. The service from the staff was excellent, and the restaurants on site were much better than expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stirling, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Upon arriving at the grand waikikian, the staff was helpful. Check-in was quick and I immediately went to my room. The room was okay; the shower head desperately needed to be cleaned along with hair that I also found on the walls. I laid down in bed and when I looked up, I noticed there was blue silly string on the ceiling. It was literally dangling from the ceiling. How could they miss that? The view was okay; one of the other hilton properties was blocking the view of the beach. The next day, I went to the front desk and asked about going to the USS Missouri. The women's English was poor and proceeded to tell me as best as she could that it was closed. I took my chance and went. It was NOT closed. The Arizona Memorial was. I'm glad I didn't listen to her. The little food marts in the hotel had workers in there that could also barely speak English. I understand that the hotel is geared toward Japanese tourists, but c'mon. If you plan on staying here, you'll know what I'm talking about. Everyone warned me that I should go to Maui; I wished listened.

On a side note, I also went to the Mandara Spa. My legs were in such pain I desperately needed a massage. I left not feeling any better. I asked the masseuse to please focus on my legs and to not focus on my feet. She completely ignored me and focused on my feet and barely massaged my thighs and calves. What a waste of money and time. The best part was the hot tub before the massage.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that you want a room on a higher floor and a good view of the beach. If they...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent stay while in Hawaii. Thank you also for taking time out of your day to write to us about the experience you had with us. I am very pleased to hear of the smooth check in process you experienced and will pass your feedback to the Front Service Managers. Very distressing though are the various conditions of the room which you outlined. I apologize profusely for this and will conduct a meeting with our housekeeping department and use your experience as a learning tool and make certain all of our rooms meet our own, not to mention our owners’ and guests’ level of expectations. As Hawaii is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, many of our citizens, residents, owners and guests are from other Pacific Island Countries, not to mention from our own mainland countries and various continents around the world creating a unique cultural blend. Our Team Members are reflect the same cultural blend, with English as our main spoken language. I apologize for the language hesitancy you experienced, but more so for the incorrect information you were given about the USS Missouri, and the Front Service Manager will be notified to re-train our staff to give our proper and correct information only. In regards to the Mandara Spa experience, I apologize also, and have already passed on your comments regarding your experience to the management and staff of the Mandara Spa. I thank you again for your invaluable input and hope to see you on your next visit to Hawaii, the paradise of the Pacific.

John R. Reagan
Resort Manager

Been to Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations? Share your experiences!