We stayed at The Grand Waikikian in September 2013 for 2 glorious weeks. I was very nervous prior to our travel as I had booked direct through Hilton Vacation Ownership and we had to do a timeshare presentation. I must admit I was checking trip advisor regularly to see if I could get a good understanding of the hotel. I was scared at some points with peoples reviews of the properties but just kept thinking that was their opinion only.
We arrived at the hotel at 9am to a lovely and hospitable welcome. Our room was not ready (which we had expected), so they let us shower and refresh on Level 8, which was just what we needed. So we hit the streets for breakfast with our buzzer in our hands waiting for our room. We got a beep at 1pm and we were in our room absolutely thrilled at what we had been given. I could finally relax.. it truly was fantastic and exceeded all my expectations. Dennis our personal concierge had already left a lovely message for us and we felt like all was going to be great... which it was.
The 2 Bedroom Apartment was fantastic and spacious. I have 2 boys with food allergies, so the kitchen was my best friend. It was well equipped with pots and pans. We had enough crockery and glasses for 6 people which was enough for us. In Bedroom 2 we had 2 double beds which was great and a king in the Master Room. Make sure you get above 7th floor if you are staying on the resort side as you do not want to be looking at the car park. I would have been so upset with that view, especially after travelling 11 hours from Australia.
The pool area is fantastic but very busy. My only complaint is that people would leave their towel on seats and leave the hotel. I had a couple do it in front of us. They left the grounds with their towels on the seats, then came back over an hour later. This is so not fair as you want to watch your children whilst they are playing in the pool. This might be something for the hotel to look into. (Very hard to control though). I said to my husband that the pool with the slides lacked poolside service. But on our last 3 days this became available with a cafe opening up. Fantastic to sit with a cocktail by the pool.
We did many tours, which were fantastic. The only downside to this is that we had to walk all the way to the tour desk on the other side of Hilton Hawaiian Village to get collected. At 6.30 or 7.45 in the morning and 2 kids this was a bit of a task. They should be able to collect you from Grand Waikikian entrance, It would make it a bit easier.
The location is a bit further out from Kalakahua Ave but it is an easy 15 min walk. If you want to be in the middle of it all then maybe this is not for you. We were happy with the location as it was a 10 minute beachside walk to Trump on Kalia RD, and a 10 minute walk in the other direction to Ala Moana Shopping Centre. We ended up buying a 7 day Waikiki Trolley pass that came in handy when my little boy was too tired to walk back.
It was time to do the Timeshare presentation. Coming from Australia we really didn't know much about it, but we were interested to find out. We did not feel at all under any pressure to buy. Melissa our agent was lovely and then we met Ron which was great. I just wish we had more information before we attended as we were not going to commit to a $30,000 purchase until I spoke to my accountant. I would have liked more information to bring home with me so I could investigate this option for us more closely. We were offered a deal to come back and stay by 2015, but didn't take it up at the time as i felt like information overload. I like to contemplate things before I jump in and buy. We decided to take up this offer as it would allow us to investigate time share more closely at Hilton. To this day I am still waiting on a response from phone calls, messages left prior to leaving Grand Waikikian,nand emails re this offer, which is pretty disappointing.
In Conclusion, we had the most amazing time on our holiday and it would have not been as memorable if it wasn't for the care to detail and patience of Linda Bade. She made our Hawaii trip so successful and we are now organising our next one. You will love your stay at Grand Waikikian. Mahalo
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy the Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool. Accommodations include One and Two-Bedroom Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.