You added Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pak Kret, Thailand
“Waikiki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently stayed in the Grand Waikikian for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. I traveled with wife and kids 6 and 9. The facility is big and it is commingled with other Hilton towers. At some point in time it felt a little crowded, specially at some times during the day where lots of people was checking in. We arrived early because we were flying from Seoul. They did not allow us to get to our room until 3:30 PM. But they gave us access to a Lounge, which it was very basic compared to others I have been. The staff was very professional and eventhough they offer timeshare acquisitions, they were not pushy nor irritating.

There are many dining options but it is better to call and make sure you can walk in. Many restaurants at walkable distance as well as cafe shops. There are small stores called ABC that sell absolutely everything and that's were I found healthy snack to take to my kids on the beach. Believe it or not there is a dairy queen as part of the complex as well. There was a breakfast buffet in one of the cafes close to the beach but only some days of the week.

My kids enjoyed the paddle board on the lagoon and also the slides at the pool. This is a family friendly hotel. They are small to take the surfing classes but may be next year. But there is so much to see in Oahu that we also visited other areas in the island - Hanauma Bay, Makapuu lighthouse trail, Pearl Harbor and off course Waiola Snow Cones !

Our room was in the twenty something floor and it was very quiet. The suite had kitchen, laundry and dryer. When traveling with kids that becomes handy. I recommend the Suites for the location, easy access to the beach and multiple pools.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Weston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The accommodations are good, but it is a money pit. Overpriced for everything. Pools undersized throughout considering the number of rooms. Gym - how about some blinds or sun screens for morning goers? Gym was undersized (and too hot!!) relative to the number of rooms/guests - maybe 20-30 pieces of cardio equipment for thousands of guests? Staff was generally friendly and approachable. Worst experience with concierge - book stuff on your own, they are misinformed and self-interested.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, Front Office Manager at Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. Thank you also for taking the time to write about your experiences while visiting here. It was really nice to hear you like the accommodations you had… and you are correct in that Hawaii is a very expensive state to visit. As we are an island state located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, everything tends to be quite pricey, especially in Waikiki.

I will forward your ideas concerning the fitness room to the proper department, from size of room to blinds for the windows and hopefully we can make a positive impression on you on your future trip. I will inform the concierge supervisors of the impression the concierge’s made on you, and to improve our service which always strives for the best.

Thank you again for you invaluable opinion.

John R. Reagan
Resort Manager
donnademar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I am here now enjoying my 2 bedroom premier suite on the 31 floor with beautiful ocean views everywhere I turn!!! Service has been great. A few issues with room were immediately addressed and this is a busy time. Bravo!!! Reception was outstanding! Bellman are very professional and running all of the time. Concierge Wendy Davy is most helpful. I am supposed to be meeting her right now but I am enjoying and appreciating my room so very much!!! Will I return? Absolutely! For those of you who enjoy the 6 day sales deal ...you have no idea how much better it is to be here as an owner. more thing the Mandara Spa may be in desperate need of renovation (come on Hilton get this handled) but Bronson is a fabulous masseuse.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you want to have a great 4th of July experience come to the Grand Waikikian. Great pool,lagoon,and ocean access but if you come 4th July week you see the fireworks up close and it was like 15 mins long and well worth being near the crowd. Also I believe that there is a fireworks show on Fridays that lasts about 8 mins and you are right next to the fireworks. Overall great family experience and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
Deer Park, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

During our recent 8 day visit to the island, my family of 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and in-room washer/dryer.
The lagoon, swimming pool(s) and beach access all came in very handy!
We could rent (for no charge) dvd's and PS3 games to view/play in the room in the lobby- very convenient for late at night (free) entertainment.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. There were plenty of restaurants and shops on the property, so we didn't have to go far to find something to snack on, or something to do.
Every employee we came in contact with was friendly and helpful.
I am not sure how much this property would cost to stay; we were able to attend a time-share meeting, and received our room at a HUGE discount.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a very well situated luxury apartment hotel right on the beach at Waikiki. Part of the Hilton Village, so shares pools and beach access.
Only downside is that every item of beach rental except towels incurs additional payments.
Service is excellent and the opportunitry to self cater is very useful.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a great time and a perfect visit. Last year we did the time share presentation in Orlando and purchased this trip at a discount. Well worth it! Not sure how it happened, but we were upgraded to a Pent House! (24 floor) ( I called about 3 weeks ahead of time and requested a ocean view room, per another person's reccomendation on tripadvisor... thanks to that person for the great idea). We were in the Lagoon Tower ( I don't think I was ever able to keep straight what each tower was and what it had until about the last day, the Lagoon tower and the Grand Waikikian are the vacation club towers). We didn't do the time share presentation until are 2nd to last day. The sales man was crazy, literally, I thought he had a mental illness. He spent more time telling us about his fancy sports car and how he missed his family in NY than anything. I don't even know the details of what he was offering. But that was fine, since we were not that interested in purchasing at this time. But we met another couple that purchases a once every other year package (so if you are interested ask about this.. our guy never mentioned it). Anyways back to the actual resort SO GREAT!! Our room was amazing. It was Lagoon Tower, room 2468. This was not close to the elevator (popular complaint after reading other reviews). We had a two story condo/suite. Upstairs had a Master Bedroom with a view of the Ocean/ Marina. Great closet and full bathrom. The 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds, huge flat screen and another full bathroom,more than my 2 kids ever needed (they are a little spoiled now by the Pent House). The free nightly DVD rentals were awesome. We were able to rent one out of each machine each day. This was great for my kids. They rented games for the game station. Plus they watched movies ( which seems like a crazy thing to do on vacation, but a great way to entertain the kids while making dinner or getting ready for the day). We had a full living room. Another 1/2 bath on the main level. Great dining room table for 4 people. Full kitchen. The maid service provided dish washer soap ( we had to sneak out a 2nd packet from one of the maid carts for another day).There are free washer and dryers on each level, again each room had a packet of laundry soap. We were able to do laundry late at night and early in the morning with no difficulty. The kitchen was stocked with plates, silver ware, cups, coffee machine ( 2 packes of regular and decaf also included), toaster, rice maker and blender. Microwave, full stove and refrid.. I would highly rec'd going to Costco and picking up a few items to be able to eat in the condo if only for conveince, but mainly to save money ( we spent $80 one night on 2 pasta dishes and a small pizza, we went to costco and spent $25 on a whole baked chicken, vegtable tray, sweet rolls and raspberries). So the room was great! Maid service only comes on your third day. Excellent cleaning. The sundry store in the Lagoon tower had good prices comparatively, to the ABC store. The only place we could find cheap grapes and mac and cheese. The RESOT was excellent. The pools are great. My kids got to pet the penguins. The flamingoes are no longer there ( they are back at the zoo). We did the 9am hula lessons ( you need to sign up on your first day, because the classes are free, but fill up quickly). We did NOT do the Hilton Luau, we went to the Polynesian Cultural center and it was well worth the drive. Same price as the Hilton, but we go SO much more. One thing I was trying to find in the reviews was info about the Pools. Kids need to be 36 inches to be able to go down the water slide ( my kids are 38 and 41 but they needed to have a life jacket or water wings). Only one person can go down at a time. There are three slides, One is a short 5 foot slide, any age could do it. The Medium one was fast, my son was afraid at first, but then was going down like a pro. The "big" slide is mostly a tunnel and my husband said it was much faster than he imagined. My kids only did this one a few times. Other reveiws indicated how croweded every pool was, but it wasn't really a problem. I think we got at least 2 chairs everytime we went to the pool ( and I kids never got out of the pool to sit). I know my review is long, but hopefully helpful. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Iwould be happy to help you, especially if you are going with young kids.

Room Tip: Lagoon Tower room 2468 had a Marina view and Ocean view, also view of other buildings. We had a grea...