We spent 8 nights at the Grand Waikikian Suites. Our party of 6 had a 2 Bedroom Oceanfront and a 1 BR City view on the 17th floor. (We had a lot of HGVC bonus points to use before they expired...) Both rooms were very clean and spacious. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots, pans, etc. As an owner, the HGVC only provides mid-week cleaning. However, anytime I called for towels or supplies they were delivered within 10 minutes. The staff members around the resort were all very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the lagoon and the pool (both had sun and shade). The beach area was a bit crowded and the chair rental was expensive. However, our kids had a blast with the paddle boards in the lagoon.
We ate at Tropics our first night at the resort and it was OK. We really enjoyed the Round Table pizza, Pronto Pickle and Starbucks. My kids also thought the ice cream shop was fantastic too. We prepared all of our breakfasts in the room and ate lunch by the pool a few days. We walked out into town for most of our dinners.
Our car service from the airport stopped at Foodland for groceries and then we made a mid-week grocery stop at Safeway. However, we also purchased some groceries in the hotel store and the ABC store. We did not find the prices too outrageous. (Hawaii is still less expensive than the Bahamas.)
Cab fare around town was relatively reasonable. We only rented a car for one day to make a trip to the North Shore.
Here are a list of activities that we did: Nau Wale No Island Tour (Lighthouse hike, Blow Hole, North Shore, Turtles, Pali look out, etc.) Waimea Falls, Paradise Cove Luau, Island Magic Catamaran Snorkel, Dole Plantation & Hole-In-the-Wall Food Tour. I have separate reviews for many of these activities.
These are the off-property restaurants we went to: Duke's, Morimoto, Chart House, Cafe Sistina, Ted's Bakery, Giovanni's Shrimp Truck and Hard Rock Cafe.
I would definitely recommend the Grand Waikikian Suites for a trip to Oahu. The resort/village has many great shops too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy the Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool. Accommodations include One and Two-Bedroom Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu