This is a great hotel to stay if you want to be close to everything - beach, shops, markets and restaurants- and not pay too much for accommodation. As mentioned it is on the main street of Waikiki and you can walk to most places. the trolley bus is not far away if you want to go to Ala Moana shopping mall or join tours.
The rooms are big and good. The hotel has Jimmy Buffet's attached to it but you can go out and choose a different restaurant each night. Macy's is located downstairs, the International markets is nearby and everywhere is ABC store which is a convenience store where you can pick up snacks, breakfast food, souveniers.
Across the road is Cheesecake factory which is a restaurant but also sells cheesecakes. if you want to go there for dinner then go early and put your name down and they give you a buzzer. this place is packed and you can wait up til 1 hour or more for a table, The food is fine but I'm still undecided if it is worth the wait. the thing everyone talks about are the cheesecakes but for some one from Australia I did not think they were anything special and also thought they were cheesecakes like we have here but they are just cake. Anyway you have to try it at least. While you wait check out the Forever 21 shop - great clothes and helps you fill in time.
The tour desk is great at helping you organising trips - Dave was great.
The beach is accessible near the Outrigger hotel across the street and you can bring towels from the pool areas to beach. Sunday afternoon at Duke's had live music and really added to a party atmosphere on the beach. The beach does not have huge waves and is great for swimming. The walk along the beach or footpath is good.
In terms of shopping you have to go Waikele premium shopping outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre. A day at each one is best as the shops are spread out and so takes awhile to see everything. I found the price of clothing, footwear and cosmetics well priced compared to Australia and the perfumes are well below the price at duty free shops in Australia.
The only thing I can't use to use if tipping and the fact that he pricing is not inclusive of taxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber is a 496-room hotel conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. It is home to the Magic of Polynesia show, the one and only Jimmy Buffett's Restaurant & Bar, and Macy's Waikiki department store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber Hawaii/Honolulu