“priority club perks!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel

You added Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber) (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“priority club perks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We would have never stayed in Waikiki unless we got our three nights free, but this hotel is very nice. My husband travels a lot for work so the points add up quickly. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nice newly remodeled, clean rooms and they gave us an ocean view upgrade. Can't beat it!
I hate chain restaurants and stores so this area kind of stinks for me, but I have to say that Margaritaville has decent happy hour specials and the hugest plate of nachos I've ever seen! Get out of the city, rent a car, and explore the island!

Room Tip: It NEVER hurts to ask for an upgrade! Sorry I'm unable to upload pictures at this time....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Aloha 70Lauraa70 and thank you for your comments on your recent Beachcomber stay! We're delighted you enjoyed your visit, our friendly and helpful staff, and clean remodeled rooms. And I'm glad to hear that you spent time to enjoy our island! Thank you also for being a loyal IHG Priority Club Rewards client - we truly appreciate your support. Mahalo, Dean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel was a great find! It was reasonably priced and centrally located near Waikiki Beach. I got a ocean view room and the view was pretty good from the 21st floor! The building to the south blocked my view of Diamond Head, but I paid for the ocean view and, for the most part, got it. The fitness room was small, but well equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. The onsite Expedia coordinator was great and they helped me book a wonderful spa treatment. Jimmy Buffet's was pretty good, but there are much better places to eat. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I would consider staying and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: This area can be noisy so the higher, the better. South side rooms have better ocean views and great...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Aloha CWils and thank you for your kind comments about your recent Beachcomber stay! You sum it up well - our hotel is centrally located, reasonably priced and we're especially proud of our friendly staff. We appreciate your business and support and look forward to your return. Mahalo, Dean.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just returned from 5 nights and couldn't fault this place. Staff friendly and helpful, housekeeping really attentive and the room was spotless, lovely big comfy bed, great location, nice pool deck and bar. If you can't afford a beach front, this is the next best thing. HI Beachcomber really wowed us.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha TraceyC and thank you for your review of the Beachcomber! We agree with you that we're the next best thing to a beachfront hotel - our clean, comfortable rooms, nice and friendly staff and convenient central location makes us a popular choice. And Mahalo for visiting with us all the way from New Zealand! We hope you return in the near future! /Dean
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was pretty much in awe throughout my whole stay. Never been to Hawaii and so many wonderful things to do. The employees are so professional. This certain employee at the valet Garrett would always give me good advice about the places I should visit and great places to eat as well. Thanks for the tips young man you really made me feel welcomed.

Room Tip: get a room at the top its quieter..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Aloha mike v. and thank you for your kind review of your recent Beachcomber stay! We're delighted to hear that everything went well and that you felt the warmth and aloha from our team of employees. They work hard to take care of our many guests and always are pleased to hear from satisfied customers. And thank you for visiting us from Las Vegas - you know your city is so popular with Hawaii residents that we call it our 9th island?! Our ohana looks forward to welcoming you back to Waikiki in the near future. Mahalo, Dean.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My stay at waikiki beachcomber was amazing. We got an unbelievable deal of 3,000 for 2 weeks on expedia.com and I couldn't have found a better hotel for a better deal. We were right in the center of all the action, very close to the beach (which was packed every day so my recommendation would be to catch the bus further down on wakiki beach where there are less people). We were very close to the international marketplace and there were several malls around... cheesecake factory was RIGHT ACROSS the street! COULDN'T have been better!! but get there early as it gets packed for dinner! and forever 21 was right across the street too... which was a pleasant surprise since it's my favorite store. We ate at jimmy buffet's (right inside the hotel) for dinner and that was pretty good too, nice sized meal... their buffet breakfasts were really good too if you want to pay the money, I think it was a little pricey (as is everything in Hawaii) but worth it. there are tons of bus stops around the hotel so you can always easily get to where you want to go. The people at the front desk were always pleasant and helped me with bus routes whenever I needed it. It was a bit crowded at times, lots of people hanging out in the lobby every once and a while but it's a popular hotel apparently so it didn't bother me. Our room was always clean and quiet and we had a lanai that wasn't ocean view but you could still see a teeny bit of it off in the distance.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha LaurenW! Thank you for your thorough review of your recent Beachcomber stay and its surrounding neighborhood. It sounds like you really enjoyed what our hotel and its location has to offer. Future visitors will find your comments and suggestions very helpful when visiting Waikiki. Mahalo for visiting us from New York and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort in the near future. /Dean
Bournemouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Its very difficult to review the Holiday Inn and not compare this hotel with the other accommodation we stayed in on Oahu which was Disneys Aulani. I will do my best to though!

I think its fair to say that this is a pretty standard Holiday Inn in what is really a pretty standard location. If you really want a sea view then don't stay here....its positioned behind the main beach front Waikiki properties.

The plus points include the corner room we had which was very large but then I paid for the upgrade. It was well maintained and there was free Wifi.

The negatives include the woeful sound dampening in the rooms. Really it was shocking and despite a premium high room you could hear everything from the street below. We were also very disappointed with the breakfast which I paid extra in my room rate for. Normally kids are included in holiday Inns but because they use the Jimmy Buffet and not their own restaurant we had to pay for our kids breakfast. It actually worked out more to book the breakfast rate than it would have to pay the normal rate and the breakfast direct to Jimmy Buffet.

I guess its best summed up by saying that we were pleased to be moving on after one night but after three nights in the Aulani we wished we could have stayed longer. Ooops...I compared them ;)

Oh and our night in the HI cost more than the Aulani!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room as high as possible...its noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Aloha BournemouthFan and thank you for your comments on your recent Beachcomber stay! You're right about the street traffic as we're centrally located on Waikiki's main thoroughfare Kalakaua Avenue, but we hope you enjoyed the convenience of our proximity to the beach (only 300 steps) and all the dining, shopping and entertainment options nearby. We do pride ourselves on being an excellent value, so if you can share more details of your breakfast experience and of having paid more at the Holiday Inn than the Aulani, I'd like to understand that better so we can take better care of you should you return to Honolulu in the near future. Mahalo, Dean.
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before boarding the Pride Of America 7 day cruise. Everything about the stay was perfect. The Waikiki beach is a few steps from the front door. Great nightlife with excellent restaurants near by and the Hotel's Beachcomber restaurant and bars are good too. The closeness to the beach made walking and jogging easy. Lots of shops and bazaars near by. Hotel staff were friendly and professional. Will definitely stay here again if we are looking for a location in Waikiki.

Room Tip: Higher floors with partial ocean view are preferred.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Aloha Amechia and thank you for your kind words about your recent Beachcomber stay! Hope your Pride of America cruise was most enjoyable and memorable and that when you return to Hawaii in the future, your hotel of choice will be the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort! Mahalo, Dean.

Been to Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!