“noisey rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber) (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne Australia
“noisey rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

excellent location.
the rooms on the 2 sides..
with all the air conditioning units on lower roof tops, the constant whir of these is annoying.
nothing a pair of ear plugs cant fix...
the louvre doors, leading onto balcony give privacy, though do not cut out day light, if you wish to have a day time nap.

Room Tip: take ear plugs with u.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dean N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Aloha jackinmelb and thank you for your comments on your recent Beachcomber stay! We're glad to hear that in general, you found our hotel to be a good value and that you enjoyed your stay. You bring up some good points and I'm pleased to inform you that we'll be replacing our showroom fan units in the near future; also, we plan to install blackout drapery in the guest rooms on several floors. Should your future travel plans bring you back to Honolulu, I hope that the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort is a part of your itinerary. Mahalo, Dean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I enjoyed the location (of course) and the rooms were great. I found it to be a great value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Canfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed here May 12 to 16th, 2012 for vacation. The location is great - right in the middle of all the stores & restaurants. Next door is the International Market where you can buy souvenirs (watch the prices - you can get them to go lower). One block behind is a Dennys and I-Hop, Margaritaville is attached and offered a nice buffet breakfast.

I was in room 1108 - it was nice, clean, had a balcony that allowed us to see the ocean. It overlooked the pool.

Parking is valet, they charged me $25/day - a bit high priced, but was a nice convenience.

The staff was pleasant. Overall - I'm very happy with this HI.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor so you can get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a couple of days and I have to say it was amazing. We've stayed here before and will always return. The first staff you come across is the smiling faces of the parking attendants. The front desk staff is just as friendly and very helpful. I recommend paying for the Kalakaua ocean view room. It's a large room with a beautiful view. We needed a few more towels than what was already there in the room and they brought those up right away and with a smile. The service is great. The hotel is in the heart of Waikiki and the beach is a short walk. There are stores, restaurants and more stores all in walking distance, not to mention the International Market place being right next door for more shopping and eateries. If you want a great hotel in a great location....stay at the Holiday Inn Beachcomber

Room Tip: Kalakaua ocean view room is great. It has a great view and it's big. The noise from the traffic...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nutley, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

From check in to check out, we had a wonderful 15 days with our new friends at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort. When we first arrived, we pulled into the valet parking area and were cheerfully greeted by the attendants and bell men. Again greeted with a big welcoming "Aloha", our check in only took about 5 minutes. We were booked into a 3rd floor room. I asked for a higher floor, if available. Without hesitation, we were upgraded to an oceanview room on the 25th floor ... the top floor!!!! That was my first mistake. I couldn't even go out on the lanai, let alone look over the railing ... lol

From the manager, to the bell captain, to the garage attendants, to the maid, we were well treated. They made us feel right at home. The room was clean and the maid was super, never refusing any request. The first night, our hair dryer didn't work, so I called downstairs. Within minutes it was replaced.

The concierge was most helpful, not only with directions and suggestions, but she made dinner reservations for us and suggested many beaches around the island with moderate surf. After long days, driving from one beach to the next, we returned to cheerful greetings, a clean room and all the amenities we ever needed.

If you're looking for a moderately priced, comfortable, clean hotel, right in the heart of bustling Waikiki, this is the place for you! Give it a try. You won't be sorry. :)

Room Tip: Higher floors are slightly quieter, since you're right on Kalakaua Avenue in the heart of Waikik...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Coast NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here as a family for 2 weeks in May 2012. We chose it due to the location as it is in the middle of all the great restaurants, close to transport, etc.

We were allocated room 1022 on the 10th floor. With doors closed it was pretty quiet even with all the noise from Kalakaua Ave and IMP.
The room was a good size facing the International market place. We had a small fridge which was very useful for keeping drinks.
The room also comes with a 32inch LG flat screen T.V . There were some free tv shows which came in handy, otherwise the prices were pretty steep.
Thank goodness the free wi fi was reliable and pretty fast, my husband and I were able to communicate to friends and family back home very easily.

The reception staff were always smiling and happy to help whenever we asked for something. We did not get the chance to eat at Jimmy's buffet, so I can't offer any opinions.

With two small children we used the pool area quite a few times. It was never too busy and we always found lounges to sit on. The pool was small, but I preferred it as it was easier to keep an eye on the children. The hotel was a short 3 minute walk to the beach, we used to walk through the the hotel across the street to get beach access.
Our favorite beach was Kuhio beach which was a 10 minute walk from this hotel.

THe international market place is also next door, so great quick access to shopping and food outlets.

Macy's is also downstairs so great to stock up on Mac cosmetics, perfume etc

The staff at the Expedia desks were amazing, we booked many tours with them and they were always fantastic.
James was the best, always smiling, very knowledgable about the different tours and always had time for a quick hello and chat. My twin boys really liked him and always wanted to say hello when we walked past his desk. He is certainly an asset to Expedia and the hotel. Go and see James when you book a tour at the Beachcomber.

A huge thank you to Eva our lovely maid, she kept our beds tidy and always stocked us with fresh towels. She always greeted us with a smile and happy to have a quick chat. Eva is also an asset to the hotel.

We would definitely stay here again if it were just my husband and I, but next time we will be looking for accommodation with a kitchen as it is much easier with children and gets very expensive eating out every day for two weeks.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone but with families with small children , a kitchen would be very useful.

Room Tip: Higher floors were better, try not to stay near the elevators as you hear them ringing constantly wh...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Aloha Lovetravel73 and thank you for your thorough review of the Beachcomber! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially happy to hear about our travel desk and housekeeping personnel. Our team works hard to take care of our many guests and comments such as yours are much appreciated. Mahalo and hope you return to Honolulu and the Beachcomber in the future! /Dean
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

After reading reviews and taking the advice of a co-worker I decided to book a stay at this hotel. Saying I was happy I did is a understatement. The rooms are nicely appointed. I had a ocean view with a king size bed(rm 2306). The room was clean(my main concern), the bathroom just had a shower but I fitted comfortably in it(I am 6'4"), and the vanity is located just outside of the shower space. This is were the hotel gets five stars from me, the STAFF! From the front desk to the maid service and lastly but most important management. I have to say a special thank you to the General manager Dean Nakasone. The hotel is located on the main strip of Kalakaua Ave. You come right out the hotel and find restaurants, bars, shopping, international marketplace, and the beach is about a 3 minute walk away right down an alley next to cheesecake factory. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't need all the amenities of a five star hotel but get five star service.

Room Tip: Ask for partial or oceanview room on higher floors probably starting at 15 floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Aloha Frenchy903 and thank you for your kind comments on the Beachcomber! Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most happy to hear about you describing our great service! We feel we have a very good product and location and offer a great value here in Waikiki, but take the greatest pride in taking care of our many customers. We hope your future travel plans include Honolulu again and if so, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Beachcomber. Mahalo, Dean.

Been to Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!