“confortble” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Japan
“confortble”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed 5 night in April,2015. I always use this hotel,when I come to waikiki.Flat & CardAccess parking is easy to me.Connection is simple from airport.Free WIFI is good to me.l come back again.maybe soon.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Adrian P, Director of Front Office at Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, yesterday
Aloha,
It's very refreshing to hear you enjoyed your stay and to see you again. We look forward to your next trip and hope if there is anything we can assist you with, that you let us know.
A hui hou,
Adrian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in Honolulu in March, as my fourth trip. Once in 2008, In 2012 with my son, 2013 where I surrendered my appendix to Hawaii, and most recent March 2015. I am 65. Could someone adopt me. I was made for Hawaii. Perfect climate, friendly people, palm trees, gentle breezes, sand, beach, sun, kayak, snorkel and love the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Room at top, 18th floor has view when step out your door of palm tree, reservoir, and mountainside a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Adrian P, Director of Front Office at Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Aloha Sharon,
I'm so sorry to hear about your appendix. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay as well. And adopt you? Yes, welcome to the Ambassador Hotel O'hana (family.) We welcome your next visit and hope it is soon.
Warmest Aloha,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had the unfortunate experience of seeing a staff member bullying another.
A man by the name of Jeff was being extremely rude and unprofessional to a lady he was working with (she seemed new). He was belittling her and almost had her in tears! And infront of customers! We felt extremely sorry for her as she was lovely.

The amentity fee is ridiculous, cost us $250 AUD and is what I see as a trick to seem cheaper online.

For people thinking of staying, everything asside from this was ok, basic and as expected for the price. Location is good.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Aloha Ali00093,
I apologize for this unfortunate experience. We do not condone this type of behavior and will investigate this matter further. In the mean time if you would like to contact me, please feel free to call the hotel and ask for myself.
Sincerest apologies,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While this hotel is old, it's location and price are good for travelers. 5 minute walk to the beach. Kitchens available to assist in overall vacation cost reduction (cook your own food). Easy access to highways for travel around island.
Beds are not too comfortable and the paint is peeling in places.

Overall, while not a 4 star hotel, our stay was comfortable, enjoyable, and not as expensive as the big name hotels in Waikiki. Would definitely stay here again"

Room Tip: Ocean view room are corner rooms and provide good cross breezes at higher floor levels. Lower floors...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mcook95,
It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our location and offerings. We hope you can stay again soon. We are currently looking into making several great improvements in our rooms and property overall.
Mahalo,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel for a week in Honolulu. I'm sure there's more modern looking hotel rooms in Waikiki but the staff was very friendly and the rooms stayed clean. They even give you a water bottle and access to clean water through out your stay. I'd stay again!

Stayed November 2014
Aloha Naytuhshay,
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our eco-friendly water bottles. Living in Hawaii is beautiful and we like knowing our re-usable water bottles decrease our footprint and will help to keep Hawaii GREEN!
A hui hou,
Adrian
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have not stayed at this hotel, but I just have to say that the resort fee is becoming quite standard in Hawaii...just as it already is in Vegas. You cannot be upset with a hotel for your own inability to read the fine print when booking your own travel online. People need to stop acting as if they have been duped. If you are choosing to book your own travel online, and you choose something which has a certain bed, or a resort fee and fail to notice this cost or detail..that is not the hotels fault..geeze people, take some responsibilty

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I hope you find some time to stay with us and you can truly enjoy our property and all the amenities we have to offer.
Safe travels and warmest Aloha,
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Expedia gave me false information about my room accommadations but the manager in reservations did everything possible to make things right without any extra chage. My 9 night stay was great. It is a wonderful value for the budget conscious guest.

Room Tip: Beware of Expedia. They will tell you anything they think you want to hear without the true facts o...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Adrian P, Director of Front Office at Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Mahalo Barbara for your review. It was a pleasure to serve you, and we welcome your next trip to O'ahu.
Warmest Aloha,
Adrian Perez

Been to Ambassador Hotel Waikiki? Share your experiences!