“Amazing Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Tuxedo Park, New York
“Amazing Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If there ever was a discrepancy in your reservation, ask for Kurt, Assistant General Manager immediately! He was concerned, kind, and most of all, knowledgeable. This hotel really does there due diligence in regard to customer needs and expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

....and I guess you get what you pay for. I think it would be attractive to college kid tourists in Waikiki because it is affordable. And if you have no other standards, then it is ok. I remember those days....but I digress. The location is smack in the middle of shopping and just a few blocks from Waikiki Beach, so if that is what you are there for, that could be considered a plus. Tommy the concierge was very nice and very helpful. Those were the good points. Let me describe the room in 4 words: green cinder block walls. The ac window unit was completely outclassed by the island humidity, and the room was musty to the point of stinkiness, and just plain unpleasant. So, if you are a college kid looking for a reasonably safe, cheap place to crash, go for it. Luckily, I was only over-nighting before catching a plane to the Big Island.

Room Tip: I can't help there...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For your money, is no good enough any more. This hotel is expensive enough for what you get. No table and or chairs on balcony. Scuff marks all over walls and doors, plaster on walls peeling, bathrooms grungy. They over charged my stay by charging me for an extra night and blame Booking.com for the error. When I call the booking company, they blame the hotel. Location is acceptable. You know everything is relative, so some of the more positive comments from other's staying at this hotel, may not have travelled as much as I have. I have traveled extensively and know for a fact you can get better for your dollar. I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Very tired looking. Place needs maintenance.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Aloha Robert:
I want to first of all thank you for your comments to the survey. I was very dissapointed to find that our hotel did not meet any of your expectations during your visit with us.
Your comments will assist us the enhancing our customer experience with us I thank you for addressing the areas that we have failed to satisfy you.
Much Mahalo for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last week as I got in early for my conference and needed a place to stay for 1 night. The hotel is exactly what I expected. Clean and tidy with good value for money but you would be disappointed if you spent your whole holiday here. Rooms are clean and everything in my room worked however rooms are very out dated and really need a makeover. Staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a good location that we could walk to the main strip in a couple of minutes.

It would appear that most of the hotels in this area are of similar age so if you just need a place to stay for a night or two or you plan on being out partying and just need a bed then this place is perfect for you. If you plan on sitting around the pool and enjoying hotel amenities then you may want to spend a bit more cash and stay closer to the beach.

All in all it was good value for money but a classic example of you get what you pay for.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Aloha David!
I am very happy to hear that your visit with us met your expectations and you had an enjoyable short stay. Your comments were very beneficial to assist us with improvements to our guest experience. We look forward to your return visit when you return to the Waikiki area.
Much Mahalo for staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki.
Sincerely.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We three girls stayed at the Ambassador for 7 nights. It is in a great location on Kuhio Ave and is in walking distance to Ala Moana Shopping Centre and in the other direction on Kalakaua Ave shops and arcades plus Dukes Lane where the markets are on. The hotel as constantly stated is old however it is very clean and the staff both cleaners and reception staff are very friendly and go out of their way to assist wherever possible. The room had 3 single beds, a TV, a dining table & chairs, an air conditioner, a fridge, an in-room safe, a kettle (no tea, coffee or milk provided) it was clean and tidy. Down off the lobby area is a filtered water station where you can fill your complimentary water bottles up. Just outside the hotel is a Coffee station and next to it is an ABC store (like our Night Owl) sells everything you may need. We only slept and showered in the hotel anyway as there was too much to see in Waikiki to be stuck in a room. Lastly a resort fee of $20US per night covers free wifi access (worked in our room) the in room safe, free local & toll free phone calls, complimentary water bottles and filtered water station, swimming pool.

Room Tip: Our Room was on the side rear of the building and we could see the mountains from the small balcony...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Aloha!
I just wanted to send you a quick note of thanks for taking the time to complete the online survey and adding your wonderful comments! I am happy to hear that we were able to meet most of your expectations during your visit with us. I very much appreciate your positive feeback and the areas of concern will be brought to the attention of the rest of the staff to improve our guest experience.
I was also happy to hear that our staff was able to offer you the Aloha Spirit of the islands.
We know you had a choice from many hotels in the Waikiki area, and we thank you for selecting the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. We look forward to your return visits in the future.
Mahalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is in a good location, not far from the main action of Waikiki and a short walk to the beach. The staff on check on were great, friendly and accommodating.

The rooms however are ordinary. Don't be fooled by the flashy photos, the building itself and the rooms are in massive need of a complete overhaul.
Our three bed ocean view suite had a view of the ocean...barely. The third bed doubled as the couch, not a sofa bed but an actual mattress with couch cushions on it. There are very few power points available so bring a power board and the "state of the art WiFi" is temperamental in some areas of the hotel.

The air conditioning and kitchen lights were loud and the bathroom and kitchen need to be ripped out and rebuilt.
The morning of our departure we didn't even have hot water. Luckily it was a nice warm morning so it didn't bother us too much.

The pool area is simple but nice, it never seemed to be overly popular but is a great spot for a quick dip. Probably for me one of the more modern and cleaner areas of the hotel.

As far as value though the hotel is probably one of the cheapest in the area. If you're stopping over for one or two night it's great. I definitely would not recommend this for a romantic getaway or a long stay.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean go as high as possible, you probably still won't see much
Aloha!
Thank you for taking the time to rate us and adding your comments about our property. We value your comments and are continuously improving our service standards to satisfy our guests. If you would like, please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return visit.
Mahalo
rnakamura@ambassadorwaikiki.com
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of our friend who lives on Oahu. He thought the location in Waikiki would be good since some of the area can be a bit doggy and the price was right. I, however, would not recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Waikiki. The hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade. The elevators are scary, they rattle and bounce when they stop at each floor. Two of them went out of service at various times during our stay. The room had a full kitchen, but it looked like it hadn't been used in 30 years. The furniture was chipped and faded and the tv looked to be the size of a 20" computer monitor. Our room did have a nice city and partial ocean view, however enjoying the balcony was often met with cigarette smoke from other tenants close to our room. Parking is also very expensive - $25/day.

The only thing holding this place together is the staff. They were wonderful to speak with and made our check in/out easy. We received free water bottles upon check-in, which was a nice gesture (even if the bottles did leak a great deal).

Overall, we chose this place based on it's location and price. It is a fairly cheap hotel for the area, however be warned that you are getting less than what you pay for in my opinion.

Room Tip: I would choose something closer to the ground level so you could avoid taking the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Aloha!
I appreciate your feedback and I just want to thank you for taking the time to rate us with your comments on the survey. We value your comments and we are continuously improving our service standards to satisfy our guest experience. I want to aslo let you know that your concerns about the elevators have been addressed to seek immediate corrective measures. If you like, please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.
Thank you for choosing the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki.
Mahalo!
ryamamoto@ambassadorwaikiki.com

Been to Ambassador Hotel Waikiki? Share your experiences!